25

Disclaimer: I mention Leighton eating Deli meat, which is technically a pregnancy no no. You'll see later, it gets touched on, just wanted to beat you guys to the comments.

I am aware you're not supposed to consume deli meat when pregnant, but that doesn't mean Leighton is. She does find out though, and I touch on why it is something you're supposed to avoid.

*Leighton's POV*

It was a couple days before my birthday trip back home, when I got the devastating message that my brother couldn't make the trip, due to being drafted.

The thought of my brother going BACK into the Army terrified me.

Logan was my best friend, and I didn't want him to go back, but I knew it was something he loved. He loved fighting for our country, and who was I to stop him?

As much as it scared me, I was extremely proud of him.

Late at night I would think about all the things that could go wrong, or him missing out on my pregnancy, or even the birth of my baby and get upset, but I had to remind myself that he truly loved this, and that my fears can't hold him back.

Today was exciting though, because I was going to meet their new puppy.

Cynthia refused to send me pictures till I came over, which I thought was stupid, but I guess it worked.

I somehow managed to con Colby into coming with me, and I made him drive so maybe it was a win, win situation.

Colby was bored alone at the house, asked where I was going and the second I said "to meet a puppy" he was putting his shoes on.

When we arrived at my brother and sister in law's house, I could hardly contain my excitement.

I knocked on the front door, resisting the urge to burst through the door, impatiently waiting for them to answer.

Cynthia opened the front door, and my eyes immediately landed on the puppy.

"Oh my god she's so small!" I squealed, watching Logan play tug of war with the puppy

"Leighton, this is Nova" Logan grinned at me, knowing how excited I was.

"OH MY GOD!" I yelled. "Colby, can we get one?" I begged, snatching the tug rope to play with her.

"Maybe in the new house" He chuckled, sitting down on the floor next to me.

That was another thing sprung onto me the past few days.

The day after my date with Silas, I walked down the stairs and Sam and Colby sat me down, and told me they decided they were going to move, and that I needed to figure out if I was staying or coming with them.

Apparently they found a big house somewhere and were moving in July. Some of their old roommates were moving back in which made me nervous.

I was nervous to have a repeat situation like I have had with Colby.