Chapter 24: Promise

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

"My parents want to meet you,"

I stare back at Silas, not knowing how to react, "I didn't do something wrong, did I?" I interrogate, wanting to make sure that we were on the same page.

Silas chuckles, "Of course not, they just want to meet my girlfriend." He smirks and gives me a peck on my lips, "Okay, I'll meet your parents." I give him a subtle smile as the corner of his lips curves up.

"When exactly?" I ask, "In a couple of days?" He replies and I nod.

"But-," Silas' smile vanishes when I start to speak, he then gives me a spooked expression, "I didn't know you could play the guitar?" A sigh leaves his mouth and he rolls his eyes.

I put my hands up in surrender, "What? You never told me," He tilts his head, his familiar smirk displayed on his lips.

"You never asked me," He mumbles, "Play it for me another time, okay?" I point at him.

He gives me a lazy smile, "Sure."

His smile is so damn attractive, it's like all my concerns disappear after seeing him smile.

I bring myself back to reality and speak up, "I also need to tell you something," Silas hums, his thumb drawing circles on my waist.

"The Nystrom clan needs a new boss," I start and I examine Silas' face, his brows negligibly frowning.

"I told my mother that I wanted to do it," I finish and I instantly feel like a couple of weights have fallen off my shoulders.

Silas raises his eyebrows, his thumb stopped the circular motion, "You're the new boss?" My lips morph into a thin line while my head bounces up and down.

"You sure about it?" He questions and I nod my head yet again, "I am." I remark and he smiles.

"Then I'll have to support that decision," A smile lingers on my face after hearing him say that sentence, "So how should I call you now? Miss Nystrom?" He taunts, smirking.

I roll my eyes, "I mean if you want to." I chuckle and push myself off the kitchen counter, heading to the living room.

I spot the 6 boys and Mason sitting on the couch again. My eyes land on a blonde-haired boy with a camera in his hands.

I walk a few steps closer until I get a glimpse of the utterly stunning pictures on the camera.

"You took these?" The boy's head turns towards me and I bite my lower lip, "Sorry, I was just curious." I chuckle and he shakes his head.

"Don't worry about it. I'm Leonardo, just call me Leo - but I already told you my name," He laughs, "And yes, I took these. Photographing is kinda my hobby." He adds.