43: What is Wrong with You

"I can handle it myself Paul thank you" I try looking everywhere but his face.

"See Paul we are fine" The boy that I now know to be Jared says the proceeds to wrap his arm around my waist, pulling me close to him, with a lot of strength.

"Shut up Jared, you can't handle it yourself"

"Yes I can, don't tell me what I can't and can do okay?" I raise my eyesight.

"I'm not trying to tell you-" His eyesight meets mine and he stopped talking and just started into my eyes.

This wasn't just any stare, this stare was intense as if he was staring right through me and into my soul, like he knew everything about me, what I want, what I need, what I'm thinking, what I'm feeling. It was like the world stopped, it's just me and him in the room, in the world. As if we were meant to be together and he felt the same way, then I remembered everything he did and snapped out of this weird trance.

"Hello?" I wave a hand in front of his face and he lets out something that sounds like a growl?

"Get your hand off her" Paul said deeply, Sam barged in the kitchen.

"Jared why don't you take her outside" Sam tries to say calmly but fails.

"No! he's not taking her anywhere"

"Okay no one is taking me anywhere, what is wrong with you! I'm taking myself out" I huff, take Jared's hand off me and walk out of the kitchen, leaving them three alone.

"Are you okay?" Jake asks as I walk out of the kitchen.

"Uhhh no I just had the weirdest five minutes of my life"

"What happened?" He chuckles.

"I don't want to talk about it, it's not funny and let's go party"

"Definitely funny but okay let's go" He takes my hand and drags me to where everyone else is dancing.

Before the kitchen is completely out of sight I turn to see Sam, Paul, and Jared walk out, looking normal as if nothing weird happen, I look turn around before one of them catches me staring.

"LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!" I yell and get a bunch of "hell yeah" back from other kids at the party.

"HEY Y/N CAN YOU GOGET QUIL HE DOESN'T WANT TO DANCE" Embry yells.

"OH WHAT A PARTY POOPER, I'LL BE RIGHT BACK" I skip out of the crowd to the couch where Quil was sitting.

"Having fun?" He asks.

"More than you" I giggle. "Stop being boring and come dance"

"I don't feel like dancing"

"Not even if I'm asking"

"Hmmmm"

"What if you're dancing with me?" I ask.

"That sounds very compelling" He chuckles.

"It's the best offer you're going to get"

"I accept" He smiles.

"Take my hand then, and let's go dancing" I extend my hand to him and he takes it with a big smile on his face.

"Let's go dancing" He gets up and we walk back to the boys.

"AYEEE YOU GOT HIM UP"

"NO ONE CAN RESIST MY PERSUASION" I start dancing around.

"THAT'S TRUE, SHE'S VERY CONVINCING"Quil answers back.

(A/n: Happy Valentine's Day!! <3)