Chapter 30

Inei's POV. Swordsmith Village.

After I finished my story to Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Mitsuri-san, the three of them did some antics to make me laugh.

Honestly, I really did laugh at their antics.

Inei: Thanks, you three. Somehow, O feel relieved.

Tanjiro: Nii-san, I guess you should smile more often.

Mitsuri: He's right. No wonder why Shinobu-chan wanted you to smile.

Nezuko: Mmhmm!

Mitsuri: Oh! By the way, I've been curious about something.

Inei: What is it?

Mitsuri: The mark on nape.

Tanjiro: Wait, Maya-san told us that you were born with that mark.

Inei: Yes. She said that after I was born, the midwife quickly noticed the mark on my nape.

Inei: When my father heard this, he knew something was going on.

Inei: Maya-san passed on this tale to me.

Inei: Three hundred years ago, during the Sengoku Period, there are marked swordsmen who were blessed with great strength.

Mitsuri: Wait, isn't that the era of the First Breath Users?

Inei: Yes. The Sengoku Period, which also happened to be the Golden Age of the Demon Slayers.

Inei: Tanjiro, Maya-neechan asked me about the Hinokami Kagura and she also knows about it.

Tanjiro: Really!?

Inei: In fact, two families knew the Hinokami Kagura.

Inei: First was the Kamado Family. The Creator of the Breath of the Sun, passed it down to a man named Sumiyoshi.

Inei: Second, was the family who was known to be First Demons Slayers, the Saito Clan. It was passed down when Sumiyoshi met one of my ancestors and became interested in the kagura dance itself.

Inei: They both kept their records in case one of them will be lost to time.

Inei: And according to the records....and to what Kagaya-sama told me.

Inei: The Saito Clan, is the ancestors of the Tsugikuni Family, the family on which the creator of the breath styles descended from.

Tanjiro: Really?

Inei: Yes. But before I tell you about the Original Breath User, let me tell you first about what I learned from the Saito Clan.

Inei: The Saito Clan is a noble clan in service of the Emperor even dating back to the Heian Period.

Inei: The Saito Clan were blessed with superhuman strength, extrasensory abilities that heightens either their sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing, and extraordinary intuition.

Inei: Because of this, the Saito Clan played very important roles in history. But, when the Saito Clan was almost wiped out due to conspiracy of other nobles, the records about them were almost gone.