Connor Valentine Special

"Mornin' Y/N."

"Shut it, Reed." The first thing in the morning you most definitely did not want to hear was the egotistic voice of Gavin Reed. You didn't even want to see his face.

Slouching into your chair, it rolled back to hit the desk behind you. Sighing, you attempted to rub the tiredness from your eyes but, to no avail, it only made you drowsier.

"So, you know what day it is, right? I mean, I know you've been single for like eternity, but you couldn't have forgotten?" Sometimes, just sometimes, you forget why you dislike Gavin Reed so greatly, and then he goes and reminds you on a daily basis.

"I-," you weren't even allowed to finish your sentence before Reed just had to start talking again.

"Yeah, well either way I got you something for you to remember." A small heart-shaped box fell onto your desk. You almost laughed in disgust at what it said on the box.

"You turn me on?" it read with a picture of a light switch turned up. It was clearly one of those cheap types of chocolate candies with that disgusting coconut filling. You hated coconut. And you hated Gavin Reed.

"Cute huh? I know how much you love these I see you get them all the time." His infamous smirk fell upon his lips, and he slung his arm on the wall of your cubicle in some attempt to look cool, it wasn't working. You grimaced at his attempts of wooing you.

"First of all, Reed. It isn't cute, especially not coming from you, in fact, it makes me want to vomit in my mouth. I only get these shits in a box because I see no point in actually spending money on this god-forsaken holiday. And second of all, I don't know how many times I have to tell you this, but I am not interested. In fact, I'd rather jump off a cliff." If Reed didn't get that you honestly don't know what else to do but knowing how dense and delusional, he is he probably doesn't.

"Yeah, anyways I was thinking bout going to that new restaurant. I heard their pizza was great, and the drinks there aren't so bad either." Getting drunk and trying to get his dates drunk so he seems more appealing is how Reed roles. Yup, a grade-level douche. You will never understand what the Chief sees in him. God, you need someone to distract you or you're going to get fired.

"Good morning lieutenant Y/N!" Finally, your long-awaited knight in shining armor has arrived.

"Connor, just the robot boy I was looking for!" you sighed out in relief. Connor stood in question beside Reed, who was giving Connor a vicious look.

"Fuck off tin can this got nothin' to do with you." Reed spat out, if looks could kill Connor would be dead...or at least the android equivalent.

Tilting his head, Connor looked to you in question. He wondered if he should leave or stay but only if you told him.

"Ignore him, he doesn't get enough ass in his life." you joked, kind of. Ignoring Reed you turned your attention to Connor, who smiled at you. He always had a dorky smile if you could call it that, before the revolution, it was stiff and nonhuman like but now, now it was friendly and filled you with warmth.

"Where's Hank? He doesn't drink at this time, at least anymore." Usually, Connor only comes in with Hank, so seeing the duo not together was weird.

"Lieutenant Hank has decided not to come in today, for the holiday maybe?" Connor tilted his head in thought.

You smiled at that, not because Hank is home. Honestly, you love seeing the old man, ever since Connor came along, he's helped Hank build himself back up. He's like the father you've never had and you're sure it's like that for Connor too. It must be weird for Hank though, seeing the two people he sees has his kids flirt on a daily basis.