04.4

[act four; chapter four     -     war councils and prophecies]

Chiron had insisted they talk about it in the morning, which was kind of like, Hey, your life's in mortal danger. Sleep tight! It was hard to fall asleep that night, especially with thoughts of her brother on her mind. Andromeda was worried, of course she was, but she also had a feeling Donnie wouldn't just straight up disappear for no reason. She knew her brother, she knew he wouldn't leave without a sign, she just had to be smart enough to find it. Just some sign. A sign.

"Gods, what kind of sign?" Andromeda groaned as she dropped down onto her bed. She could hear the laughter of her two brothers in the lower area of the cabin. She crawled off of her bed and looked over the edge of the loft that Beckandorf and Janaya had built for her about nine months ago, and peaked down at Castor and Pollux. They were playing a game of Monopoly, but she could tell they were laughing at her as she mumbled grumpily to herself. "I need help."

Pollux gasped dramatically, "My, my. Dear brother, was that our little sister asking for our help?"

Castor nodded his head with a hearty laugh and tilted his head up at Andromeda. "Is this you asking us to help our oh so loving sister?"

"I will hit you both."

"Oh, see, now I'm not so sure."

"Cassy!" Andromeda whined as she rolled onto her back and crossed her arms over her chest. "I hate you both."

"You love us." Pollux's voice drifted to her ears. She tilted her head to the side just in time to see her older brother climbing up the ladder to her loft. "What do you need help with?"

"Donnie's gone." She said quietly. "And I feel like—I feel like I'm missing a part of myself and I don't know what to do."

"So, you need help finding a sign?" Castor asked, following after his twin as they joined Andromeda.

"Mhm."

"You guys are inseparable." Pollux said, his voice quiet and gentle.

"Polly, every set of twins is." Castor said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "But, Ro, you'll find Donnie. It's like a weird twin thing, like you can feel them or something, right?"