operation save our friend from a creep

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

the complaining passengers in the taxi could hardly breathe. for some reason, no one considered the thought of utilizing the front passenger seat so instead, they all squeezed in the back.

yubin wedged herself between jaemin's wide shoulders and renjun's nimble ones whilst maya settled upon his lap. they all leaned in towards her, to take in the information she gathered from hendery whilst on their journey to anya's party (without an invitation of course).

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"you see yangyang comes up with loads of stupid ideas we all hate but he usually doesn't care too much about what we think." yubin frowned, pouring her concerns to the kidnapped man sitting before her, listening earnestly. "it was almost like he was just trying so hard to prove something to us."

hendery pushed his mess of a hair back "are you sure he was trying to prove it to you? or himself?" he observed invoking further thoughts she never fathomed, leaving the three speechless by his surprising wisdom.

the foreign boy registered their perplexed expression, coming to a conclusion that neither of them was aware of his past.

"has he told you anything about his family?"

they shook their head.

"yeah i thought he wouldn't." he exhaled deeply, contemplating his future actions "i'm going to tell you something that you should probably hear from yangyang himself."

"are you sure you should be telling us this?"

"probably not, but i know he would never tell you guys himself which would definitely make things worse for him so i'm telling you because there's probably a good reason why he's been so obsessed with you for so long." hendery folded his arms "i feel like he'd trust you with this so i will too."

the man then began about the relationship between yangyang and his parents.

"his father was barely around, always working whereas his mother was present physically but not so emotionally. she didn't even spare him any single verbal support so that's why he went through lengths just for an ounce of affection. his every move, she criticized so eventually one day he gave up. he stopped begging for love and probably looked elsewhere hence why he's like this."

and just like that, it seemed like everything fell into place.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"now everything makes sense." renjun grasped "why he defended that creep's questionable behaviour was all just to reassure himself there's someone out there to provide him with the unconditional love his mother failed to give."

they all felt silent, bathing in the guilt that loomed between the small group of friends. everyone did truly love yangyang despite it seemed like they teased him more. seeing him put his neck out for a person like anya was enough proof he didn't feel truly appreciated.