Chapter 27 - Protecting Her...

"Crazy tings are happenin'Crazy tings are happenin'," - Tems ~ Crazy Tings

Crazy tings are happenin',"
- Tems ~ Crazy Tings

MARCUS
2 years ago

"Black, this isn't a good idea!" Marcus yelled as he looked at his best friend, his employer.

"Marcus, I know but this allows peace and-"

"Peace?! You're selling my Goddaughter to a young Yakuza head!" Marcus argued.

"Who's taking my power!" Edgar yelled the views on his neck visible as he clutched his hand in anger.

"Power?! POWER?! Edgar remember why you're still here! Why do you still have power! To protect your family! Your daughter!" Marcus' voice cracked at how loud he was shouting but it seemed that was the only way to get his point across.

"It seems the reason why you're still doing this has left because why are you doing this?!"

"Then what am I supposed to do then?! HUH MARCUS?! What am I supposed to do?!" Marcus silenced as he stood there staring at the man.

He didn't know what to say but he knew that there had to be another way, a safer way for this to be solved.

Edgar huffed when he saw his best friend staring at him in silence.

"Don't look at me like that," Edgar yelled ashamed that he'd have to steep this low to protect his daughter.

"I'm already too old for this shit! I'm tired! I want to see my daughter and I'll do anything to protect and if selling her is the only way then so be it," he exhaled.

"That should never be an option, Edgar," Marcus put in making Black shriek in anger.

"Who are you to ridicule me?! Marcus?!" Edgar began as Marcus stared at him waiting for those words to escape his lips.

"When you allowed your daughter to die because you weren't man enough to explain to your ex-wife Sharon that you work for the Boogeyman," Edgar seethed while Marcus stood there powerless.

Powerless to do something or to say anything.

Edgar was right. He was a whim to tell his ex-wife that he wasn't just a lawyer but a mafia leader second in command.

And when his wife had found out she grew afraid of Marcus and for their daughter that she tried to escape him at night but as if fate was testing him a car accident had happened to take both his daughter and wife's life.