34 : 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄

Y/N's POV:

"Marry you?"

Was I hearing him right?!

My constant pounding of my heart was deafening.
The intense loving look that Jungkook was giving me was drowning me.
Where was the air? I felt as if I couldn't breathe...
My brain was turned to mush and I found myself unable to comprehend what he just said.
If it weren't for his strong arms being around me I would be on the floor in utter shock.

His solid body so confident in what he was asking, his intense distinct brown eyes focused, yet his own throbbing heart was giving away his nervousness under my hands on his chest.

"Yes." he stated.

Then surprised me even more when he released me from his arms. I almost lost my balance, but I focused hard to stay standing. I watched Jungkook's tall, intimidating figure go down to one knee before me.

His large hands took mine in his own. His eyes never left mine.

"Park Lee Y/N, I love you. Marry me for real this time.."

Short. Simple. No extra fancy words. He was a man of few words, and yet, the impact from his simple display took my breath away.

What happened to this god of a man before me? Never could I ever picture Jungkook getting down on his knee, or ever confessing his love for me in such a bold way. He was always the one that was timid about it, always thinking I deserved better, when in reality he was out of my league.

"D-Do you know what you're asking me, Jungkook?"

I whispered. He kept hold of my hands but rose to his feet yet again to tower over me. I watched him, his stare still holding me captive.

"Are you sure you want this? Want me... for your wife?"

"We have been together for almost half a year now, Lee. This entire time, good or bad, we have been thinking and acting as if we were married. The thought of you not being beside me when I wake up every morning is now my worst fear. I... I can't imagine not having you beside me."

The love that was pouring out from him held me tightly in an invisible embrace. I didn't want to be away from him either, I just never thought he would want the same!
Were my dreams finally coming true?
This wasn't a dream right? I wanted to pinch myself...

"So marry me, Y/N. Say yes."
His deep scruffy voice demanded.

"Yes." I whispered in awe.

I couldn't believe I was able to actually get the word out, but it came thrashing through my chest straight from my heart. Yes, I wanted to marry him and truly be his wife! I watched his large body freeze and one of those amazing smiles come over his face.