marry me (requested)

You put your fork down on your now empty plate and looked from your dish and to Mina, who was sipping on her drink with a bright smile on her face.

"That was amazing." You complimented. "I mean, Mina, this entire thing is amazing. The dinner you made, the candles, the romantic music playing. It's all so perfect and so romantic."

"Good. I'm happy you're enjoying it so far. I wanted this night to be as romantic as possible." She said. "You deserve it."

It wasn't just that reason that she's gone all out, but also because she's got a little something up her sleeve, too.

You gasped softly when you heard the next song starting to play.

"Oh, this is one of my favorites!"

"I know." She smiled and stood up from her seat before taking you by your hand. "Come on. Dance with me."

It was unexpected but there was absolutely no way you were going to say no.

So you took her hand and walked with her to another part of the kitchen, away from the chairs.

As she went to turn the music up, you looked all around. The room is only lit up with candles and there are rose petals all over the floor and even up the staircase.

It's been the most perfect night you've had in so long. You came home after spending a few hours out with the girls to find your favorite meal set at the table and romantic music playing over the speakers. It's been everything you've wanted and needed for so long.

You felt Mina's hand on the small of your back as she came up behind you.

She moved it as she put her arms around you and placed her chin on your shoulder, moving slowly with you as you swayed to the music together.

You giggled and turned around to face her and the sight of your big and sparkling eyes, as well as the sweet sound of your giggle, made her heart melt.

You closed your eyes as you put your arms around her neck, swaying as you slow danced together.

"You know how much you mean to me, right?"

The words suddenly slipping from her lips made you open your eyes.

At first, you furrowed your eyebrows at her, wondering why she'd ask you such a thing.

"Yeah. Of course I do. You know you mean so much to me too, baby."

She smiled as you continued to slowly sway across the kitchen floor together.

"I'm so in love with you."

"Oh, Mina." You chuckled. "I'm in love with you too. Very much so."

"And we've talked about our future together before. Remember how just a few weeks ago when we couldn't sleep and stayed awake all night just cuddling and talking about whatever came to mind, you said to me that, whenever I was ready to propose, you were ready to say yes?"

You were starting to catch on. Your heart began to hammer against your chest as you wondered if this was leading up to the moment you'd been dreaming of.

"I know I've been busy lately but I still made sure I made time to go out and get something very special made for you. Because you mean that much to me and I want to make your dreams come true every day."

"Mina," you sniffled as tears began to fill your eyes.

"I feel so lucky to be able to call you mine. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me and I never plan on letting you go. I want to marry you. I want to spend every day of the rest of my life with you."

You unwrapped your arms from around her as she got on the floor, kneeling on one knee in front of you.

She pulled the ring out and held it in front of you, just as teary-eyed as you.

Her hands were shaking but only from the happiness and excitement she felt about finally being in this moment with you.

It's something she's dreamt of too; asking you to spend the rest of your life with her, so she can make you as happy as you make her.

"Will you marry me?"

You quickly nodded your head, so teary-eyed you found it hard to speak.

But you finally found the words as she began to stand up to stand in front of you again.

"Yes, Mina. Yes, I'll marry you! I want to marry you more than anything else in the world."

She took your hand and slipped the ring onto your finger before you threw your arms around her for a hug.

You looked at the ring, completely amazed by it.

It was everything you ever dreamt of.

"I'm so happy." She sniffled as she rubbed your back.

"So am I." You said as you pulled away from the hug and cupped her cheeks before putting your lips on hers for a loving kiss.

Your lips moved in sync with hers and when you pulled away a moment later, she took your hand and brought it to her lips.

"I'm so in love with you. I can't wait to be your wife."

The words made her heart flutter.

Her wife. You were actually going to be her wife and she was going to be yours.

"Same here, my love. I can't wait." She smiled before pulling you in for another kiss, happier than ever.