//Time//

have fun besties.

-----

I opened my eyes groggily to a dull grey colour. I winced at the bright lights hanging high up above me and then rubbed my eyes tiredly, sitting up as I took in my surroundings.

"Y/N!" A young voice a few feet away. "You're awake!"

I blinked. "...Orion?" I rubbed my eyes groggily. Was I still asleep...?

"Asleep?" the demon kid repeated, as I'd apparently spoken the thought aloud. "What's wrong, Y/N? You don't remember?"

"...Remember?"

Orion walked over to my side, where I was sitting up in a cot-like sleeping bag, resting on a tiled floor. "Mhm. In the middle of the night, you stumbled into Lambda half-awake n' stole my bed from me, telling me you'd give it back to me later. You were mumbling something about a 'stupid brat' n' not ever getting any breaks. Also, there was a lots of swearing, and you looked real tired."

"Last night?" I mumbled with a yawn. "I don't remember..." I suddenly perked up. "Wait, Orion, what day is it?"

Orion scratched their chin. "It's November 15th...?"

I paused momentarily as I took his words in. "November 15th?" I shot up to my feet. "It's been 3 days since the attack on the capital, then!"

"The what?!"

"Oh, shit." I groaned, rubbing the back of my neck. "I've got to go–"

"Wait!" Orion exclaimed, tugging my sleeve. I turned to face them slowly with a curious expression. "Um... Well... Leuvis... wanted me to tell you he was waiting for you when you woke up."

"...Why?" I asked, though I feared I already knew the answer.

"Well... he finished the cure yesterday, so..."

My stomach twisted. "You know what? Uh, tell him I died of some mysterious disease, and I'm just gonna–"

"After all the work I put into my end of the deal," his voice sent chills down my spine, "wouldn't that be quite rude?"

I turned to face Leuvis slowly, my throat dry. "Leuvis, I–"

"Well, after all that, you wouldn't let me down, would you?"

"I totally would." I muttered lowly before my tone turned tentative. "Leuvis, I'm not feeling it. I can't... die right now."

"Then kill me!" he hummed humorously. "Isn't that the point of a fight to the death? Well, it's only fun when both sides are desperate for survival!"

I gritted my teeth. "I can't."

"Why not? Are your weapons the problem? No worries! I've a stash of old guns here."

"That's not–"

"I'll give you a full 12 hours to prepare. For someone of your caliber, that should be enough to re-familiarize yourself with the tools and rest up. Even then, I'll have you know in advance... I'm nearing my regeneration limit, Y/N. It is within your capabilities to kill me myself– else it wouldn't be a fun game, of course."

"Leuvis, I don't–"

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice." Leuvis rose to his full height. "If I'm not dead by tomorrow, I will go about killing as many people close to you as I can." he giggled. "How's that for incentive?"

My blood chilled. "What?"

"Toodle-oo! I'll meet you in the electrical room in 12 hours. Don't be late~~"