The Party

Kayama Nemuri had been invited to hero parties once she debuted. When he was young, Izuku was watched over by Aizawa when she went to the parties as  her hero identity, Midnight.

There were multiple types like hero galas, banquet parties to have charity auctions, and smaller parties to give our awards that were different from the hero ranking parties that happened every year. Each one has a gathering of press to capture the heroes wearing the costumes or wearing more formal wear for the fans to enjoy.

Most of the time, Izuku was having a sleepover with Hitoshi as Midnight was wearing formal dresses at the formal gatherings.

With only six months left until the entrance exam, Izuku was practicing his moves everyday to fine-tune them. In the middle of one of his practice sessions, Midnight received an email invitation from her PR agent about a charity auction party coming up featuring heroes and their chosen charities.

Midnight looked down at the email, reading it over to see what exactly she would be attending. "Izuku, do you want to have a sleepover at Hitoshi's next weekend?"

"Hmm?" Izuku looked up to her while the couch remained floating in the air. Miku was barking at the floating object, wagging their tail as they tried to bite at the cushions. "Is it a mission or one of those parties?"

"Another charity auction," Kayama answered. She set down the phone to tighten her ponytail more. "They want me to be a guest."

"Mom," Izuku called out.

Kayama looked up at the young green haired teen who was slowly setting the couch back on the floor. Miku jumped on the cushions as soon as it was back on the ground, "Yes? What is it?"

"Can I come this time?" Izuku asked.

Kayama's eyes widened, "You want to come with me?!"

"I mean, if it's okay, I would like to," Izuku responded. "It could be good practice in the future for when I deal with the press as a hero. I could practice my public speaking in that way."

"... I do have an opportunity to bring a guest. But I will need to brief you on what happens each time. The flashing cameras, the barrage of questions they might ask, and the way to act once you are inside the venue," Kayama listed each thing off with her fingers. "And I need to find you a formal suit along with a dress."

Kayama paused as she thought about something from the way she looked off to the side towards her bedroom. Izuku looked at where she was staring only to see the hallway.

*

And just like that, Izuku had double the training. On training sessions for his quirk and fighting skills that have been harnessed throughout the years. And another session per day for getting ready for his first public appearance since the television show interview when he was freshly adopted.

The public couldn't get a hold of him or picture of him since that time. And his mother talked about him sparingly to the press when they asked about him.

When he was practicing his balance, his mother was barraging him with questions that the press might ask him. When he was trying to focus to float all of the couch cushions at once, his mother was flashing light in his eyes to prepare him for the cameras and bright lights that would be there.

And with a week until the charity party, Kayama picked him up after school to go directly to a formal dress shop to buy their clothes for the event. He walked in wearing his school uniform while his mom wore her civilian clothes.

Kayama decided to find a dress first then they would find something for him to wear that would match the color. So he followed his mom through the dress aisles to find dresses for her to try on. He picked out a red one that had a sparkly fabric while she shrugged before kicking up a dark orange ombré gown.