Twenty-Two: Let's Stop Pretending

"THAT'S IT, SWEETHEART," I groaned

"THAT'S IT, SWEETHEART," I groaned. "Just like that."

Collins sucked harder at the encouragement, and my eyes rolled back in disbelief. This was easily the best head I'd ever gotten, and I was about ten seconds away from blowing it.

But every time I reached that edge and the warning of how hard I was about to come flew to my lips, she slowed her pace, sucked me deeper, and made it last. She made these little noises like my dick was all she'd ever wanted in her mouth, and if she wasn't careful, it was going to make me fall in love. This girl was singing praises on my dick, and goddamn.

I needed her to let me have this, though. I was beyond dying for a release at this point. I needed to claim her mouth, and I needed it now.

"You have such a pretty mouth, baby girl." I tangled my fingers in her hair to hold her still. "Can I fuck it?"

__

"Are we done pretending?"

"What?"

Bren lingered in my doorway, leaning against the frame with that annoying, crooked grin of his. I liked that he smiled a hell of a lot more now than when I met him, but it drove me up the wall when he did it mockingly. Like he was doing right now.

"After the last few days," Bren said, "I just feel like you've gotta be done pretending by now."

I stuffed my clothes into my suitcase, realizing that Collins still had my sweatpants and flannel. Oh, well. She could keep them.

"I don't know what you're talking about, man," I grunted.

Bren nodded and stepped into my room, closing the door behind him. "I see. So we're not done pretending."

I sighed raggedly, looking up from my suitcase. "Bren, stop being confusing."

"That's rich considering...." He waved his hand around in my general direction. "...you."

My brows drew together. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm talking about you and Collins, Beau, and how confusing you both are." Bren collapsed on my bed, which was irritating because I just made it like five minutes ago. "Why can't you both just give up the act, huh?"

It was hard to believe that Bren, of all people, was giving me this pep talk. After all, this was the guy who denied his feelings for Madie for a hell of a long time.

I gave my attention back to packing. "Because it isn't that fucking simple."

"Let's make it simple, then."

Somehow I held in a groan. Did we really have to do this right now, man? They say not to kick a man while he's down, and I definitely felt...down.

"Give it to me straight," Bren continued, crossing his legs in front of him on the bed while he propped himself against the pillows. "Did you guys hook up at the gala?"