𝟬𝟮𝟮 the betrayal

chapter twenty twothe betrayal

chapter twenty two
the betrayal

✵ ✵ ✵

They watched as Ikaris ruined Phastos' creation making the man fall to the floor

Arden gasped and ran to the man, helping him up as the rest of the eternals stepped closer.

"Boss," Kingo spoke. "What are you doing!?"

"I've let this go on long enough," he replied.

"Don't hurt him!" Sersi shouted, running over to help Arden with Phastos. "He lied to us."

Arden and Druig sent each other a look as though they had both tried to figure out exactly what he was lying about.

"He already knew about the emergence," Sersi continued.

Oh, Arden thought to herself, that's what he lied about.

"No he didn't," Kingo spoke in disbelief.

"Ajak told me everything when we left Babylon."

"What?"

"That was so long ago," Arden whispered.

"You were never gonna let us stop the emergence," Phastos pointed out.

"No," he confirmed. "I only wanted to protect you from the Deviants."

"You didn't do so well," Arden pointed out making everyone look to her. "As you can see, some of us are missing here."

Sersi nodded and looked back to Ikaris.

"If Ajak wanted you to take her place, why did she choose me?" It was quiet after she spoke, no one daring to utter a word. "What have you done?"

"He killed her," Druig spoke up making Arden freeze.

She held her breath and her fist remained clenched as she stood there staring at the floor.

"I had to," Ikaris told them.

"She loved you," Sersi whispered.

"Did she?"