chapter forthteen

The next day you were wondering around town again after just finishing helping around the fabric shop. Hoping to see any familiar faces to brighten up your day- marco!

You skipped towards his direction as he surprisely looked up from whatever he was doing.

"Hola marco." You beamed, he kinda looked up at you as he was sitting on a wooden stool "Hello" he smiles matching your energy, he gave you full attention as you asked about random questions "Have you been at the madrigals?" He suddenly asked making your smile fade alittle.

You didn't really notice his little frown when your smile fadded. "Uh- no. I havent been at the madrigals."

"Well- i was hoping to see one of them today" He says turning back to his smiley self, if this was really about mirabel- it would have been nice. Yet he didnt mention anyone in particular.

"Have you seen carlos?" You try your best to push a smile and shake your head 'no' earning him to nod.

"Oh wait- um can you give this to him?" He says holding out a small white shiny pearl necklace with silver chain. You immediatly frown, "why me?" You quickly whined, he laughed at your reaction but pulled your hand before placing the necklace inside.

"Please?"

"Fine." You relented, atleast this would be the payment for him helping you. You looked back down at the shiny pearl as it looks somewhat familiar to something- yet you paid no mind.

"This is... His?" You asked as you watch it shine, a smile making its way to your lips, Atleast he got taste in things.

Marco looked away shrugging "i dont know- he just paid me to make it."

Your eyes widen "I wasnt aware, he was into shiny things" You laugh keeping the necklace hidden in your pocket, seeming it looks expensive you didnt want to lose it and make carlos hate you more.

"How so?" He looked at you with more interest, this time you shrugged your shoulder but your lips twisted into a smile. "Well-... We arent exactly close, but! He could still be a softy he was" You piped up, he probably thought you had brain problems and still immature as how you said it- as he raise a brow but noneless smiled up at you amused. "How so?" He repeated the question earlier.

"Hmm."You hummed, " wait- you made this right? Can you make me one too" you mean the necklace was pretty gorgerous.

"I could- but it wont be cheap though."

"Do i have a 50℅ off discount?" You teased.

He smiled "No"

Nevermind. You groan in disappointment. "Well goodluck with that" and with that you waved, but as soon you were out of sight you quickly frown, mumbling under your breath. Instead of going to the madrigals- you made your way towards the tree house you heard mirabel was going to. Hopefully she could give it instead.

Minutes had passed and there was no one, lookin down the ground you noticed a familiar pair of shoes- "Waiting for me again conejito?" He muttered as he took a few steps away from you, 'i thought mirabel was coming? You thought.

You rolled your eyes and pulled out the necklace by its chain showing it tp him. "Here."

Carlos raised an eyebrow "Oh you can keep it"

"Huh?" You looked at him unpuzzled before blinking. He hummed stepping closer "You've touched it- im not keeping that knowing you touched it" You wanted to rip his smile off his face, if you could.

You stomped your feet as he places his hands in his pockets watching you closely. "Fine. Its mine- so that means i can do whatever i want...like reselling it- throwing it away or-" you threathen yet he shrugged and laugh. "You wont do that."

Fuck. He knew you too well- maybe beacause you didnt change as much as he did. You still kept things as it was the most precious thing "yeh its mine-- bleh!" You probably sounded like a five year old but who cares?

You turned over a little and tries to hook the necklace but seamlessly failed. He snicker before patting your hands away. "Let me." He simply says getting a hold of the necklace as you let him do the work.

After he was done he gentle pulled your arm to get a view of the necklace on you before smiling- a real smile. "Goodnight hermosa" and he went inside. You blinked confused.

Thats it? No more bullying? No more mean intertional jokers till you ran away? You found yourself staring at the necklace, a smile forming on your lips.

'Cute' you thought.