Chapter 1

(Third Person POV)

Year 845

Age: 14

---

(Y/N) was woken up by the sun flashing through the curtains. Once she opened her eyes, the sun flushed right into her eyes. She turned to the other side. She laid on her bed for a while, trying to fall asleep again. That wasn't happening though.

(Y/N) groaned and sat up. She stretched out her arms along with her back. Afterward, she stood up and entered the bathroom. After doing her usual morning routine, she returned to her room and got dressed. She choose to wear a dress today. It was one of her mother's favorites.

Lastly, she brushed her hair and styled it into one braid

Lastly, she brushed her hair and styled it into one braid. Leaving her room, she walked downstairs and entered the kitchen. Luckily, her father wasn't there. She wanted to make herself a nice breakfast but many ingredients were missing. She, therefore, decided to visit the city and buy the things she needed.

She grabbed her wallet and basket. She left the house and began to walk towards the market. On her way there she spotted a few of her neighbors.

"Good morning (Y/N)." A woman with dark hair smiled at (Y/N) across the street. (Y/N) turned to look at the woman and smiled.

"Morning Mrs. Yeager!" (Y/N) waved at the woman.

"I told you to call me Carla." She shook her head a bit but chuckled right after. (Y/N) rubbed the back of her head.

"Right. Sorry about that! Have a nice day!" (Y/N) said with a smile. Carla waved at the young girl and wished her well. After a few minutes of walking, (Y/N) finally made it to the market. She bought the things she needed, talked with her friends for a while, and began to make her way back home.

Once (Y/N) finished her breakfast, she was about to practice on the guitar. Just then her father, Lucas, entered the kitchen. (Y/N) avoided eye contact as he looked at her.

"You look just like your mother in that dress. Disgusting." Lucas said. (Y/N) stopped washing the dishes for a while but then continued. She choose to ignore the thing he said. After it was done, she went back to her room and grabbed her mother's guitar.

She sat on her bed and began to play. Once her fingers touched the strings, she escaped reality. She could play for hours and not get tired of it. The time passed so quickly every time she would play or sing.

"(Y/N)!" She stopped moving her fingers and began to pay attention to her father.

"Come downstairs now!" He yelled. She sat on her bed for a while before she stood up and returned the guitar to its place. And once she stepped her foot into the kitchen, she could tell that her father was angry.

"Where is it?" Lucas angrily turned his gaze at his daughter. (Y/N) raised one of her brows.

"Where is what?" She asked, confused. Lucas sighed and looked in the direction of one of the many cabinets. Right. This was the one where he always kept alcohol. Now, it was empty.