chapter fifthteen

You played a slow song while working on the dress you designed, still wearing the shiny necklace carlos gave you. People were in and out giving small tips but noneless you happily accepted. Studying has been a stuggle as always and you have got one letter from your parents. Just one- reminding you about your textbooks and a 'take care.

You didnt mind, not like you actually got the attention maria was getting. You also happen to use your gift to help around town or do extra works.

As luisa, camilo and isabela usually helped you and abuela gives helpful advices.

The madrigals dont usually come around there, since they got mirabel to do their clothes but sometimes they come in after getting it accidently ripped and didnt want to hurt mirabels feeling for 'not taking care if it' they say.

Ting.

You looked up from your work to blink double seeing as carlos entered with a annoyed look and a busted lip.

"Carlos? What happen to you?" You asked placing your pins and needles in a safe box before approuching him. He shrugges and rolled his eyes, "Your boyfriend is what happen." He muttered looking down at you as you raised an eye brow. "Camilo." He growled fast-annoyed, you smiled at him as he they always fight and agrue over little things. "First, he is not my boyfriend and second, this is a fabric shop not a your house or a clinic." You gestured towards his busted lip as he bit down his lip avoiding his injures.

"Im not dumb, just sew this up" he says showing you the hole in his ruana. You looked at him unpuzzled on why he couldn't get mirabel to do it.

"Mirabel made this, i dont want to hurt the giftless child." He muttered huffing as his shoulders drop at your unimpressed reaction. "Just sew it up! Are you gonna help me or what?" He blinked his palm, running over his face and to his hair.

"Fine. Just shut up and raise your arms." You say picking out the needles and a red thread. He did as he was told, mumbling shit under his breath but you paid no attention.

There was silence for a few minutes as he looked down at you then the necklace you wore. "You should be nicer sometimes." You suddenly says making him scoff and frown. "Atleast to mirabel- i understand the siblings part, because i feel the same but- mirabel." You say whispering and not breaking contact on your work.

He seems to think before shaking his head no. 'Why did i consider following what she said?' He thought, surely he feels something is wrong with him.

"You? Understand? I doubt that y/n. You already have a perfect life and you talk like you have the worse." He grumbled, no one will ever understand him whether his family was there or not, when it comes to carlos madrigal- everybody thinks bad things anyway so..'

"My family thought i was sick when they knew what i could do. . . my sister gets everything she wants without second thought-" you blinked feeling your hands shaking and getting cold.

"Do you even know what my mother is like?" You laugh dryly locking the sew straight and perfect before looking up to him.

"She is a complete total freak! Like- hair has to be perfect! Ribbons has to be blue, i always have to join the debate club and there- there should be no debate."

"How harsh. . ." he sarcastically said but you knew deep down he felt atleast something. "But! Atleast im not mean or rude or-"

"Wanna mention someone conejito?" He raised an eyebrow but smiled dropping his arms down, satisfied with your work. "Hmm?. . ." you thought for a second, and dramatically and slowly looked at him.

"No thanks" you laughed as he rolls his eyes and gigled. You didnt mind and turned to fix the needles as his heart went beating louder and his eyes grew wide.

'I gigled- at y/n. He thought shockily,  as you turn back around started to get confuse and worried at his sudden reaction. "You okay carlos?" You asked with a worried smile, he looked at you and down to you lips before snapping back to your eyes.

Shit. There is something wrong with me.' He thought before walking out the shop without another word.