Chapter-9 🌚

Taehyung's pov

I had sex on the brain.

It just wasn't Baek-hyun I wanted to have it with.

We'd had two drinks. I told him all about my new job, and he actually listened. Now we were sitting at the bar, and he put his hand on my knee.

"I was thinking...how about we go down to the Hamdeok Shore this weekend? A weekend on the beach, dinner at a shack that sells cold soju and clams by the bucket? My friend has a place down in Long Beach Island, and he isn't using it this weekend."

I loved the beach, and a clam bar and soju was totally my thing. Yet...I was hesitant to commit on the spot for some reason.

"Can I get back to you in a day or two? We just started this big project I'm working on, and they may expect me to come in over the weekend. I'm not really sure yet."

As usual, Baek was a good sport. "Sure. Of course."

We called it an early night after that since both of us were early risers.

After a fourteen-hour day at a new job, followed by two martinis, I should have been tired. But I wasn't. I was...horny. My problem could have been easily remedied. I was certain all I had to do was invite Baek-hyun back to my place, and he would have gladly taken care of my needs. Yet I chose to be alone.

Tallulah purred next to me, then hit me in the face with her paw. When I ignored her, she did it again. Giving in, I reached over and scratched her fleshy pink belly again. She rolled on her back to give me full access.

I grabbed my phone and snapped a couple of pictures I intended to email to my friend in the morning, but then I remembered the message Jungkook had sent me the other night about Tallulah.

I typed out a text, attaching the photo of Tallulah on her back.

Taehyung: Pretty sure her twin is a Butterball in a grocery freezer somewhere.

It had been less than a minute when my phone buzzed with an incoming text.

Jungkook: I flipped my phone around a few times before I realized what I was looking at. That is seriously one ugly pussy.

Taehyung: LOL. Who has taken over half my bed. She's also very demanding and keeps pawing me in the face if I stop scratching her.

Jungkook: Just you two sharing that big bed tonight?

He knew I'd been meeting Baek-hyun after I left the office.

Taehyung: Yup. Just me and my ugly kitty.

Jungkook: Good to know.

Taehyung: Well, sweet dreams.

Jungkook: You can count on it now. Night, Bear.

-

-

My best friend Jimin and I met for coffee the next morning before work. It had been the longest I'd gone without seeing him since we both started at
Fresh Blow on the same day five years ago.

"The place sucks without you," he pouted as we sat near the window with our coffees.

"Of course it does. You have no one to gossip with."

"I had lunch with Eunwoo from media relations the other day and told him about a new vibrator I bought. I'm pretty sure I scared him away for life."

"Some people are uptight about sharing that type of information." He shrugged.