Chapter 41

Ananya Prasad

Now I know why he is called Devil.

What?

Did you guys think that I gave him that nickname?

No. He was nicknamed by his department when he was doing his MS in surgery and we all just continued that nickname.

Now, back to the point. Where am I?

Yes.

After cleverly making me agree to that stupid deal he effortlessly steered our conversation away from that topic. We talked about various things that day. From our likes, dislikes, our school life, college life, challenges of being a doctor(Yes, We talked about that), challenges of life.

I didn't even feel one percent uncomfortable with him. When did our dynamics change this much?

I never knew that he is such a good conversationalist. I always thought that he is an awkward talker. I can now see Golu in him.

Is it because I am dumb to recognize or is he like this because he likes me?

Once the dinner and bill are done, we started going down to the parking. We were waiting for the lift to come and he slowly grabbed my hand. I turned to look at him and saw that he is deliberately looking around the restaurant as if he is very interested in its interiors.

Here I am still debating whether this deal is good or not and he is going like a bullet train. While I am thinking about whether to remove my hand, he interlocked our fingers. I am getting shocked at his sudden moves. And while I am in that shock he will be going on to the next step. I am getting afraid of his speed.

In the meantime, the elevator came and we went to the parking with our hands interlaced. He didn't leave my hand even after we came to the car. He is taking me to the passenger door.

Is he going to do what I am thinking?

No....this is too cringy.

I have only seen these happen in movies.

Before I can protest, he opened the door and signaled with his head to get in. I told you he is taking advantage of my shocks. I am sure my face is red by now. He walked to the driving seat, started the car, immediately took my hand again, and continued to drive with his right hand.

I thought he said we will be friends but what is this hand-holding?

He suddenly kept my hand on his thigh and used his free hand to shift the gear and switch on the radio. In the meantime, I took my hand back from his thigh and kept it on my lap. I mean it's weird to keep it on his thigh. He again took my hand from my lap, interlocked with his fingers, and kept them on his thigh.

I might get a heart attack because of his actions.

This happened multiple times. He will keep my hand on his thigh whenever he has to change gear and I will take it off and he again takes it back from my lap. He is very persistent and I am very stubborn. Finally, I gave up and relinquished control of my hand.

He smiled lightly and started humming the song on the radio.

There is a strange atmosphere in the car or between us. I don't know what it is. We didn't talk at all throughout the drive. But there is no awkwardness that we used to have before. With the songs in the background, him holding my hand and humming, there is some kind of current in the car. It is almost romantic.

At this rate, I am terrified to think what will happen tonight when we will be alone in his room. With his speed, I won't be surprised if he...

I shuddered at that thought.