• 𝐂hapter 29

I wasn't shocked when I woke up the next day to an empty bed

I had expected it. I mean I knew he probably wasn't even going to remember half of what he'd said or done to me last night but I didn't know why but it still hurt.

A small knock rang on the door. It sounded feminine, the helpers perhaps. I wrapped the white sheets around my body. "Come in."

The door creaked open slowly and a woman dressed in black and white stepped in with a breakfast tray and a gift bag occupying both her hands.

"Good morning Mrs. Fobster. Sure you had a lovely first night?" She asked with the sweetest British accent as she walked over to the bedside table and placed the items on it.

I nodded. "I did."

She smiled candidly. "Mr. Killian said you might want some tea. It's traditionally brewed." She informed.

I nodded, pushing up to sit on the side of the mattress. "Thank you, I'll have that later."

"He also wanted me to give you this." She picked up the medium-sized red gift bag and stretched it out for me to take.

"What's in it?"

"Oh, I wouldn't know. I didn't look."

Curious, I accepted it from her and looked into the bag.

What the-

My chest clenched and my gut twisted at the sight of more than five red silk night dresses.

Oh my...

There was a note. I pulled it out and read it.

Red because it's my favorite color. Silk because you're a Fobster now and you deserve to sleep in luxury.

_killian.

My heart smashed against my chest so hard that I inhaled a ragged breath.

He remembered. Oh, fuck, he remembered.

"Must be lovely." The woman gleamed beside me and I nodded quickly, unable to take my eyes off the night dresses. They were beautiful and foreign and I loved them.

"I think there's something else." She observed, pointing at one of the items separated in a different package bag.

"You're right." I pulled it out. It was a two-piece pink butterfly patterned bikini swimsuit and it had a note fastened to it.

Wear this and Join me at the swimming pool lounge after breakfast.

_killian.

There was this permanent ache now in my chest that I couldn't put off. I didn't know how to feel about all this. Why the hell was he doing this?