Chapter Zero. "Prologue"

Cover creds: imsanlee on tiktok:)
Art creds: _keybunbun_ on insta

Before we start I just wrote down a few things to keep in mind!! This story takes place in September 1982. This is a revamp, so some things might be off, and most importantly if you see any mistakes with pronouns/ spelling please let me know so I can fix it!! Please enjoy:) - fishi

________

[Name] sighed as the last box was placed in the moving van. "Alright ma'am that should do it. The truck should arrive at the new address in a few days to weeks." The truck driver claimed.

"Oh dear, weeks seems like a stretch. Are you sure it will take that long?" [Name's] mother had a slight look of worry. "Unfortunately it's hard to confirm. Weather and other things get in the way. It's just something you have to take into account."

The driver seemed quite blasè about explaining this. Your mother sighed and nodded. "Right, you're right. Here." She payed the driver, and the truck promptly drove away. [Name] was indefinitely disappointed by the idea of moving. They had expressed these feelings to her mother, but it lead to an argument every time.

"Honey, you know work is important. If you truly appreciated me then you'd understand. Besides this could be good for you. Meet some new friends or something, I don't know."

"Mom! I do appreciate you! I just don't think you're seeing this from my point of view."

.........

"I need you to be up by 4:30, okay? We can't miss our flight."

[Name] showed agreement and walked into the now empty home. The house echoed with each footstep. They took one last sweep of the house before getting onto a small cot and resting for the night.

___________

"Wake up! [Name] I told you to be up by now! We need to get going!!" Your mother's voice rang throughout the house. She woke up with a jolt and rubbed her eyes. [Name] quickly got up and reluctantly grabbed the last few bags. It was hard to except that this would be the last time at home.

"Mom, I'm ready. We can get going I guess." Their mom sighed. Then the duo left for the airport. After a long flight of babies crying and seats being kicked; the two finally arrived in Utah. "The car should be shipped in a few days, we'll have to take a cab if we want to go anywhere." Her mother stated.

"Okay mom."

_______________

The car ride was painful. [Name] felt like they were drowning in a pool of their own sorrow. Breathing felt impossible, and their eyes burned from holding back tears. Every word spoken in that cab was another stab to the chest, another gallon of water added to the tank. The feeling of such betrayal was worse than any wound.

'Coming to accept the fact of moving away was out of the question to you. Leaving behind so many memories and moments was heart wrenching. How could your mother so quickly ruin your life? Was more money truly worth destroying your child's life. Wondering how their friends felt. Are they going to miss you? Were they happy you left? Will they even remember your name?

New friends aren't easy to come for lot's of people [Name's] age, so what would make them different. Come to think of it; Would being alone be so bad? Life had already ended for you anyways. You might as well suffer to the full extent if you will.'

_________

A piercing pain struck their arm. "[Name!]" [Name's] mother returned her hand. "Jesus, I called your name at least thirteen times,, Anyways! were here." This cab felt like the last string connecting [Name] to their old life. Their mother had to basically drag them from the cab. [Name] groaned and stood in front of this new house. Denying its beauty and amazing architecture would be simply wrong. Though, for [Name] accepting it would be far worse.

"I'm sure once we move in things will get much easier for you. Just try to enjoy your time here, okay? Make our lives easy." [Name] angrily huffed. "Whatever."

_______

The first night felt like torture. The house was empty, dull, and lonely. Only one thought replayed in [Name's] head the whole night, and that was 'tomorrow is a new day'

--Hellooo! I hope you enjoyed the first remake of a chapter. It's much shorter and simpler.--