Happiness in a different way

3rd pov:

Aether didn't know what they did to Y/n's body after she passed, so Zhongli was going to show him.

They walked together up the mountain and saw the sakura tree.

-

"That's... Y/n?" Paimon asked with tears in her eyes.

Aether looked at the tree and saw Xiao sleeping.

Aether could feel that the tree was indeed Y/n.

-

Aether stepped up to the tree.
Xiao didn't notice him, and didn't even wake up. Was he in that deep asleep?

Aether's hand clenched around something he held tightly.

Why did he come back to Liyue after such a long time?

He knelt down infront of the tree.

"I hope... that this can atleast bring you some peace..." Aether muttered silently, hoping not to wake Xiao up.
Little did he know, Xiao wouldn't wake up that easily when he was asleep.

Aether placed down the small core next to the tree.
"I avenged you." He whispered.

-

Y/n pov:

I stroked my fingers through his hair.
It had grown indeed.

None of them talked, they just looked at each other.

Xiao had his head in her lap.

Xiao couldn't express his happiness ever since he first started meeting her again...

-

A long time ago:

3rd pov:

The conqueror of demons had just gotten his new clothes. He finally changed out of his old ones, and now wore a hanfu. Green and black with a dragons pattern. He had his vision with him in a pair of fingerless gloves.

He never planned to leave Y/n's side, and he was going to keep that promise.

Ever since the tree started growing, he would stay at Mt. Aozang. He didn't leave.

Y/n's friend would bring him meals, Xiao wanted to try more of the mortal food. He wanted to see why Y/n used to love it. Now that he did try, he did indeed understand why.

-

As Xiao walked down the path leading to the sakura tree, he felt weird.

He felt something he hadn't felt in a while.
His eyes were heavy. And his body was completely painless. He sat down next to the tree.

"You're still somehow taking care of me, aren't you..." he whispered to her.

If he knew that she stood right next to him...

Y/n pov:

I sat next to Xiao.
When he whispered those words my heart would flutter and warmn up. It made me so happy to know he still was with me, thought about me and talked to me (in some way).