𝟬𝟰. 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗣𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗕𝗔𝗚

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

FOUR | THE PERFECT PUNCHING BAG

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

APOLLOS DIDN'T NOTICE it first, but his hair suddenly grew longer after his conversation with Arishem. It returned to its original state. The Eternal had his hair cut in 1989 to blend in more with the humans and to look more neat and presentable. Though he was incapable of evolution, that didn't mean he didn't want to look attractive in front of everybody.

To be honest, he was pretty damn confident with his looks. He knew he could have anyone on their knees with just a wink, yet when Natasha came into his life, he had never been more anxious.

Apollos leant close to his window, observing the beauty of Earth from above. The clouds before moved constantly, flowing as sheets hundreds of feet apart, yet giving the appearance of one layer below. It reminded him of the time he was in the Red Room facility with Natasha and her former family. The facility supported at least three heavy transport aircraft on a landing platform and maintained a stable position at high altitude. It was the reason why no one detected them because they stayed high up in the clouds.

But, they were going to bring them down now once and for all.

Apollos, together with Natasha, Yelena, and Alexei were brought to the aerial platform, sedated as to not be aware of Red Room's exact location. But, he already knew about the plan to liberate the Widows and terminate the Red Room. After all, he was the one who warned Natasha that someone in their family called reinforcements after the little disaster during dinner. The assassin then confronted her adoptive mother and was able to draw the truth out of her. The three of them then together planned the downfall of the program while Yelena and Alexei talked in one of the bedrooms.

Now, the Eternal sat up from his bed, feeling a bit light-headed. Being knocked out unconscious wasn't something he expected would happen as he was almost immune to that, but well, with Melina and Natasha's combined combat skill, he was out like a light within a minute. He studied his white-walled cell room and pressed a button on his intercom, activating it. "Melina, are you there?"

The sliding glass door squeaked open and he stepped out just as he came face to face with Alexei and Natasha's clone. "How did you do that?" the tall, burly man spoke, confused.

"I designed these cells myself."

"What?" Alexei vocalized then exasperated another, "What?" when Melina removed the mask to reveal herself. "I bared my soul to you and it was just you the whole time?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so." Melina winced and held her finger up to silence him. "But wait, shh, I'm on comms with Yelena."

Apollos glanced at the other side of their cell rooms, tilting his head when he saw that there were almost no guards around. "Yelena, it's me. It's Mama." His intercom was filled with the affectionate, motherly voice of Melina and he smiled. The family dinner earlier didn't go well. A lot of things had been revealed that time and they affected Yelena so much. He attempted to comfort the younger girl, but he didn't know how so he let Alexei take over. "You have a two-inch blade concealed in your beltline."