Chapter 37 - Whys

Photo featured above is not mine. Credits to the rightful owner of the picture.

I had a hard time sleeping last night because of that direct message from Athena. I didn't reply because I am too shy to admit that I am checking her Instagram profile, I could just say that it was on my feed but the comment? How can I get away with that?

"Babe, are you ready?" It was Lorenzo who said that. He just got here in my room because I picked him as my partner for tonight's event. Clarification, he is gay and he got used to call me by that endearment.

I am wearing a Strappy black Satin ball gown from ER Collections which is hindi naman malaswa kahit kita ang part ng cleavage ko and my back in a v line cut. The sound of elegance shouts at me.

Meanwhile, Lorenzo is wearing his typical formal clothing. Actually, guys don't have any problem wearing anything in an event. They can use their Polo or Suits a couple of times.

Sakto ang dating ni Lorenzo dito, dahil paalis na rin ang hairstylist and make-up artist ko. I know how to do my own make-up but I don't want to commit mistake especially for tonight.

"You look beautiful, Eira. Magiging straight ako niyan" Lorenzo chuckled kaya naman tinapik ko ito.

"Che! Magagalit si Nico!" Tawa ko naman pabalik sa kanya. Nico is his boyfriend for five months now.

Before we enter the Grand Ballroom Hall, there's a red carpet where the Photographers are taking pictures of the students for souvenirs. Of course, professors have that too.

The theme for tonight's event is Starry Night, so mostly the colors of gold, blue, black are all over the place. It feels like I am in Disneyland - it's the kind of vibe that I want. To be young and free and forget all the problems.

Pagpasok namin ni Lorenzo, namangha kami. I didn't know that it will look like this. I was here yesterday but it seems like this is different from yesterday. There are added touches by the officers of the Graduate School program. Unbelievable. Feels like magical.

"Eira, your mouth" Suway na pabiro sa akin ni Lorenzo. Naka nga-nga kasi ako. "I thought you knew all about this?" Irap sa akin ni Lorenzo.

"I knew but they changed it. They added some touches. That is why the officers were here until Midnight last night." I can't believe at what I'm seeing right now. The last time I had this kind of vibe was during my debut but little did I know that the students will create something this kind of beauty. I MUST commend them.

"Good Evening, Mr. Buenavista and Ms. Rodriguez. Your table number is three together with your father, Mr. Ernesto Rodriguez."

Of course, they will let me sit beside my father together with the other shareholders of the University.

I haven't seen my father in months. Sumama talaga ang loob ko because he is so homophobic. Great thing I am established independent woman and used my money to become a shareholder of this University. So this is gonna be the first time in months that I get to see him.

For ER Collections, I stopped going there. There's no Marketing Head yet but someone is now acting as a Marketing Head. I don't mean to put the company down without me and I am glad that even without me, the ER Collections is still on the top.

Tumayo agad si Daddy para ipaghila ako ng upuan.

"You don't have to do that." I calmly said to him.

There's a hint of sadness in his eyes. Alam niya that everything has changed.