Chapter Twenty Eight

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

WESTON LOCKE

Surprising Micah was one of the most beautiful things to witness, he was always grateful, shocked and humble. Even though he struggles to accept gifts he believes he doesn't deserve, in my mind, he deserves the world and so much more. He just doesn't see it.

After hearing that Nicola wasn't feeling so great, hearing Micah's concerns about her was hard to listen to. Having to get on the train, beat rush hour and pray for no disruptions. Getting him a reliable car was the least I could do.

Micah achieved his work promotion, continued to exceed in his role and deserves to see his mother whenever he wants. First he has to pass his theory and his driving test, but considering his intelligence and pure determination, I know it won't take him long to succeed.

We had taken his new car out for a short spin around the block before parking it up in a safe spot for him to use when he's ready. Micah's eyes lit up as I showed him all the cool things that the car could do. Technology sure had matured in the last few years and Micah was pressing every button he could see.

Once we drop off his car, Darryl picks us up and takes us back to my apartment. Micah could not stop talking the whole way home and that made me happy, he was happy. He was ecstatic and currently projecting his emotions which warmed my heart deeply.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask as I press my key into the door and open my apartment door.

Micah hums from behind me as we both step in, he shuts the door behind him. "Shall we order something in?" He suggests.

I turn to him with a smile and pull off my jacket. "Sounds like a plan to me," I tell him. "What do you want to get in?"

"Maybe a Chinese or pizza," he says as he copies my actions and hangs up his jacket. "I haven't decided yet."

"Well," I say as I whip out my phone and draw up the Deliveroo app. "Knock yourself out."

My hand extends to his body, phone in hand. He glances down once at the screen before shaking his head. "No, let me order." He demands before folding his arms over his chest and walking through my apartment to my set of black leather sofas.

"Come on Micah," I say as I follow him. "This is your day, let's celebrate your promotion."

He turns to me with a glare before pulling out his own phone from his pocket. "In which I can order the food for us," he shakes his head. "You've done more than enough for me today West and you know it."

A small grin stretches across my lips as I follow him towards the sofas and take a seat beside him. "Micah, I'm not going to tell you again," my tone grows louder as I place my phone in front of his eyesight. "Order something."

His eyes drag up to mine, neither of us looking away as my eyes narrow towards him. "Bossy," he mumbles out before grabbing onto my phone.

I relax back into the sofa, his eyes glaring at me but with a playful smile on his lips. "You know me," I say smuggly.

Micah huffs out a breath and scrolls through the screen, his eyes dragging across each word. "They're doing a deal at that Bella Pizza place," he tells me. "Ooooh, they have an option to create your own pizzas"

"I like the idea of that," I nod as he continues to scroll.

"What pizza do you wanna make?"

I hum for a second. "Tomato base with cheese, parmesan if they have it. Peppers, olives and ham."