sixteen

Today is Colby's birthday. I was excited to celebrate with him. He's turning twenty-two so I baked him some cupcakes.

I brought them earlier and he seemed to really enjoy them. Some of us were planning on going out to a bar later.

I was hanging out with Colby in his room while we waited for everyone to be ready.

I just can't believe I'm going out since I spent most of yesterday hungover.

It's gonna be a group of us that's going. Colby, Sam, Corey, their friend Elton, Wesley, Brennen, plus me.

Evan had to work and so did Serena so we decided to go to frolic room.

It's our favorite bar so we had to go. Wesley wasn't going to drink so he said he'll be our body guard plus our designated driver.

I think a couple other guys were going to meet us there but I haven't met them yet.

I know for sure Elton and Brennen are meeting us there.

So it'll just be me, Colby, Sam, Corey, and Wesley in the car.

Colby was currently on FaceTime with his parents while I scrolled through my phone.

"Is Jordan going out with you tonight?" His mom asked.

I loved his mom and vice versa. She found my Instagram and asked if we were going to get together.

I think she ships us more than the fans. I lock my phone while looking at Colby.

I was laying on the bed next to him and I was out of the frame.

I could see him start to blush which was adorable. I bite my lip as he glances over towards me.

I could tell he was trying to figure out what to say. "Yeah, she's actually with me now." He shyly told her.

I could hear her gasp. "Bring her on." She smiled. He looked down at me as I sat up.

I put myself into the frame causing her to smile widely. "Hi, Lesa." I greet her.

"Hi, you're going to watch over him tonight aren't you?" She asked causing me to laugh.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to him." I assure her. We talk for a minute or two but everyone says they're ready.

We make sure to tell her goodbye as Colby hangs up the call. "I think you like my mom more than me." Colby half joked.

He wasn't wrong. "I can't help it, she's nice to me." I shrug towards him.

We get off the bed and head towards downstairs. They were all in the foyer and they turned to us.

"Finally, you two ready?" They asked. Colby just flipped him off as we head to the car.

Wesley gets into the driver seat, Corey gets into the passenger seat, and I'm in between Sam and Colby.

We make conversation while we drive to the bar. The traffic was pretty thick so we spent a lot of time in the car.

As we sat through traffic, I felt something on my knee.

I look down to see Colby had placed his hand on my knee. I look up at him to see he was looking out the window.

I take his hand off my leg and lace our fingers together.

I could see him smile a little bit. Thirty minutes later, we reach the bar. When we get inside, it was crowded.

Colby kept his hand in mine as we go inside. They didn't bother checking our ids since it's the bouncer I knew.