Coming to an end

(Jacob)

“Ok, out. I'll let you know when it's done.” Dr. Carlyle said as he pushed Damon outside, who had an irritated look on his face.

I chuckled because I was the only one allowed to be in here with Arlo until it was over. I won't go into details as to what happened, but it didn't take long for Arlo and I to welcome our sons into this world. Arlo did a wonderful job as well, I am proud of him.

The room was filled with cries from the newborns as Dr. Carlyle told us they were healthy and stable. He got them cleaned up and wrapped them up in the blankets we bought, and then handed them over to Arlo and I so we could bond with them.

They had different smells, too, so I could tell which one was which after naming them. I could tell they were going to be identical after seeing their features.

“Hi, Greyson, welcome to this wicked old world and you too, Mason.” I chuckled after listening to Arlo's little speech and looked at the pup in my arms.

“I guess you are, Jaxon.” We continued to talk to them as much as we could before everyone came running in to see them. My mother and Amanda were crying, I could tell they were already in love with their grandsons. Dad had tears in his eyes, but he was trying to get rid of them, typical men.

“Wow. I can't wait to have one.” Micah said, as he was staring at the newborns in a daze.

“You'll get your chance soon, babe.” Landon says as he starts rubbing Micah's belly.

“Can I hold one of them?” Mom asked, and I nodded my head and gave her Jaxon.

“He's going to be super handsome, I can tell he's going to be the troublemaker since he's a bit fussy.” I chuckled and took Mason from Arlo so that I could get to hold him.

Arlo didn't like it, but I was their father, so there's nothing he could do about it. After getting congratulations from everyone, they left so Arlo and I could have some alone time with our pups.

“Are you happy?” I asked him, and he smiled and nodded at me.

“As happy as I can be. I love you, Jacob, with all of my heart.” I felt my heartbeat skyrocket after what he said, and I leaned down and kissed him.

“And I love you too, Arlo, with all of my heart. You and the pups will be well taken care of this, I promise you.” He nodded his head and went back to fussing over Greyson.

“You know what's strange? When I was sleeping, I had a dream that I was at a lake and you were there. It was so peaceful there and quiet that I didn't want to leave, but then you told me that I had to wake up because I was going into labor.” I smiled because I remembered that dream. It wasn't me though, it was midnight who was there with him, so I explained it to him.

I have come so far, from wanting a mate to finally getting one and having pups with him. He has half of my soul, and my pups and parents have the other half. We share a bond like no other, and no one was going to get in the way of it.

If you thought I was overprotective before, you thought wrong. I was going to turn it up a notch and make sure that they were not short of anything. I was going to be the best parent and mate anyone can ever ask for.

My possessive side was out as I thought about my family, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Midnight wanted to get out, too, to meet his pups, so I allowed him to take control.

“Hi mate.” Arlo was startled because of the change in my voice, but he settled down after realizing it was midnight who had taken over.

“Hi, yourself, come to meet your pups?” He asked, and midnight nodded his head.

“They are mine, and so are you. I'll cherish and love you for the rest of my life.” He chuckled and shook his head.

“Stop acting so cringe, I get that you love us, but you don't have to act so soft.” Midnight chuckled and pulled them closer to him, not missing the knowing look in Dr. Carlyle's eyes as he tried his best to work without disturbing us.

“My human and I will always act this way, so you just have to get used to it.” He nodded his head as midnight started singing to them. He was crying as he held his pups closer to him, finally being able to have a happy ending.

“Have I told you lately that I love you? Have I told you there's no one else above you…" Gosh, if you thought I had it bad, then you didn't know about midnight. He was whipped, and so was I.

'And I wouldn't have it any other way.' I chuckled and sighed as he continued to sing to our mate, who was falling asleep. So, Dr. Carlyle helped us get the pups settled down, and they too fell asleep after midnight sung to them.

I took back control and got in bed next to Arlo, then fell asleep, knowing that everything would be alright from now on.

'Mother.' Midnight said after seeing Selene watching him with a smile on her face.

'I'm proud of you son, you've done great, and I couldn't ask for a better son than you. Take care of yourself and them for me. Remember, I will always love and protect you. I'll be watching over you to make sure you are alright. If you need me, all you have to do is call on me. You still have plenty of trials to face, but this will be one of the greatest yet. Don't lose faith, and remember who you are." Selene disappeared, and I slept peacefully next to my mate, happy that she was watching over us for now.

When we woke up, I noticed that my parents and Arlo's family were there. I wanted to get ready to go back to the pack house since I had a surprise for Arlo. I was working on a nursery when I told him I was busy, I didn't want him to see it, so I had to come up with an excuse.

His sister In-laws were the ones who helped me with it, setting it up and making sure it was alright, since they felt bad for treating Arlo the way they did before. This was it. This was my happy ending.