~ 29 ~

“The Cullens are vampires? Vegan vampires?” Charlie scoffed, he was in his room, the door closed so that the girls had privacy despite the fact he could still hear their loud laughter. He didn’t know whether to thank Nicholai and his beautiful assistant or get upset because all this time, he was hunting something that would’ve killed him without a care in the world.

He didn’t know if he should be mad at Bella for becoming one of them, hanging out with one of them, or for not telling him about them. He didn’t know and right now, he felt scared just a little that he could be killed for knowing this information.

“The kids down on the reservation were wolves.” He also didn’t know if he should feel some type of way about his friends hiding something so serious away from him, but unlike Bella he felt like it also wasn’t his business.

xThe people he knew all his life really weren’t what he thought they were, but they were such good friends to him and family to Aurora. He just would need to talk about it to them, when he goes to drop off Aurora and his friends, he’ll swing by Sue’s place with Billy to talk about what he had found out.

He also didn’t know what to say to Aurora, the girl couldn’t be left alone in the dark for long and he felt like he was doing he a disservice about not telling her the memories she can’t seem to regain, but again, he felt like Nicholai should be the one to tell her, he was the one that was married to her, then again, he was her ‘father.’

“Papa!” Aurora knocked on his door, “can we have pizza for dinner?” She peaked in, a small pout on her lips as she glanced over to his slumped over form on the bed.

“You can’t have greasy food, it’s not good for you at the moment.” He frowned, she had the puppy dog eyes out and he felt himself wanting to give in.

“Please, just for tonight, just so my friends can have something good to eat.” She batted her lashes, “Leah even suggested paying for it herself.” She looked hopeful and every bone in his body made him want to say no, but of course his heart was the one to win the battle.

“Sure, she doesn’t have to pay, I’ll pay for it.” He signed, Aurora didn’t take too kindly to grease but he’ll have to at least make sure there are a couple breadsticks for her.

“Okay,” She smiled, closing the door behind her, “He said yes!” She yelled from behind the door and he couldn’t help but chuckle, a little bit of grease couldn’t do that much damage at once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Well son.” Richard grinned, “what do you have to say for that?” He looked expectantly at Leo, who did nothing but clench his fist.

“You apologized for bothering them? We weren’t bothering them!” In denial that he was being annoying, Leo lashed out, angrily shifting through his feelings, “Aurora likes my presence.” He scoffed, his mother went to apologize for what? They didn’t do anything wrong.

“Leo, we were bothering them, Aurora is just too nice to say anything about it.” She mumbled, a sad smile on her face as she realized that they didn’t realize just exactly what she did. It was probably for the best anyways, they didn’t need to know that she sold her soul just to make it up to the small family of three.

“She would’ve told me if I was bothering her!” Leo frowned, “she never expressed any irritation towards me, even when I asked her for dinner.” He didn’t know what his mother was talking about,

“Charlie just doesn’t understand what exactly we’re asking of him.” Richard smiled, “I’m sure with time he’ll understand just what a deal he has.” He was just demanding, didn’t care if it was true that they were bothering them, Leo had found a girl he was interested in and he saw no reason not to allow his son to date the girl.

“We don’t eat at diners.” Leona frowned, “we only started going because that was the only time we could hound them for dinner, which Charlie dodged by simply ordering their food to go.” She sounded tired but that was to be expected when she wasn’t used to sleeping less than normal, and dealing with such stubborn people.

“Well since you met the girl ,you tell us if she’s upset with Leo.” Richard leaned forward, “and I dare you to lie about it.” He had a grin on his face, of course he would've gotten ahold of that information.

“She doesn’t feel any anger, just confusion.” She signed, for once she liked that the girl was kind but her life was put at risk and she was simply confused about it? She didn’t know how to feel about that, it was almost like that time when she was getting to know Richard, the man had also hurt her but she was blind to see that enamored by the fact that he was talking to her out of all the other girls in their school, oh what a fool she was.

“Good, cause I didn’t push her to begin with.” he grumbled, there were no charges pressed and he wasn’t sure why because he was positive that Charlie hated him.

“I believe you.” Leona smiled, though she truly did, Nicholai did provide some information on her son but she had to keep up the front of a good mother to her bratty son that she still loved no matter what he could’ve done.

“We’ll tell that to the money I had to pay the school to keep that quiet.” He also didn’t know why Nicholai offered to cover up the incident, but he wouldn’t complain if it saved him time and energy from the court dates and paparazzi that would’ve caught wind of the accident.

“But you're dismissed, Leona.” Richard waved her off, wanting to speak with his son privately.

“Leo, you're graduating this year.” He sat back in his seat, “which means it’ll be a little harder for you if you can’t get Aurora to date you by the end of the school year.” He signed, there was part of the older man that didn’t understand why his son just picked some other girl, but he could see the appeal of Aurora and understood his desire to have only her.

“I know, that’s why I plan on being more forward with what I want.” He smirked, “Aurora can be a little dense so maybe she just doesn’t understand that I’m interested in her, because she addresses me as a good friend.” He shrugged, it would be simply, the next time he saw her at school, he’ll just pop the question.

“Yeah,” Richard snorted, “you tell me how that goes, afterwards.” The man had no faith in his son, but if it works it works.

“I put money on it.” He grinned, “twenty grand.”

“Deal,” Richard nodded, “bring her over for dinner that Friday night, otherwise you pay me money, whether she agreed to be your girlfriend or not.” There could be a chance of blackmail but the girl had no background and everyone knows the things Charlie used to do when he was young, so luck was all that they had now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~