Perfect

There were gasps from the crowd as you two came into view. It took a moment before there were any cheers. You were smacked in the face with the bold silence. Finally, begrudgingly, they clapped for you. It seemed everyone was in shock.

You could see a few people you knew in the crowd, Francesca Guzman with her husband, a sad smile on her face. Your cousin Nina had a wide grin, she probably was going to brag to everyone that she was in on it the whole time. Your parents, holding hands with arms around each other, you could tell they were nervous but proud. Alma Madrigal looking at you with kind supportive eyes from the second story balcony of Casita

For a moment your nerves subsided, you felt like you were floating. You had somehow made it all the way across the aisle, you we're about to brave the stairs to meet the other couples on the second story. Joust before your first step you paused. Your adrenaline must've kicked in because then you did something that in hindsight was incredibly risky and probably stupid. You stopped in your tracks, turned to Luisa and pulled her in for a kiss. For every single person in Encanto to see. Luisa was clearly in shock too but willingly participated. When you pulled away you saw the wide eyes of everyone, luckily the cheering didn't falter, it picked up. You felt dizzy and euphoric, like everything else was insignificant. The walk up the stairs was slow but joyous. You were so happy you did it together.

"We are so thankful for all the love in our lives," Alma said as you joined the rest on the second story. "Thank you for being here, let's celebrate!"

The crowd cheered again as they broke away to party. You turned to Luisa, both of you had wide eyes, you laughed at each other. Her head bent down to be close to you.

"I'm sorry I kissed you. That was a lot" You said in a low voice.

She laughed "Don't apologize. It was amazing, the shock value, the drama? Cmon!"

You giggled. She kissed you on the cheek. She stepped behind you and wrapped her arms around your waist. She put her head on your shoulder. You looked over at the crowd below, the some of other Madrigals were heading back down into the party. There were definitely eyes on you in the crowd, but you didn't mind it because you were with Luisa. You had a feeling you could face anything as long as she was with you. There were couples beginning to dance as the band started to play. You could see your parents, looking to you and giving big smiles and thumbs ups to you. You and Luisa both saw them at the same time and giggled.

"We should probably go down there" Luisa whispered in your ear. You nodded. She slowly let you go from her embrace, taking your hand in hers. You went back down the stairs into the party together. Your parents were at the base of the stairs.

"That was amazing honey!" Your mom said

"Thank you Mamá" you said. As you continued walking there were many people who wanted to speak with you

"Congratulations!" A lady behind her said.

"Thank you," Luisa responded.

"I'm so happy for you!" Nina said,

You and Luisa both giggled at her.

"It's always good to see more gay couples in encanto" Karina Lopez said. She owned a dress shop with her wife, your family had been going to them for years. They were standing hand in hand, it seemed like maybe their eyes were glossy.

Suddenly you were bombarded with people you knew, beckoning you to join them on the dance floor. You and Luisa joined Dolores, Mariano, Francesca, Isabella, Camillo and some other people you went to school with in a circle on the dance floor. You were reminded of the night Luisa first kissed you at Dolores' birthday party. The sway of Luisa's body on the dance floor felt like a hazy memory. You were giggling together, dancing until you were out of breath. You needed a break.

"I'm gonna get some water, do you want to come" You said into Luisa's ear, loudly over the music. She nodded and followed you. You were thankful to not have to brave the crowd alone. People watched their tongues around the Madrigals, because of how well respected they are. You doubted they would be so kind to you without Luisa nearby.

You ventured towards the dining room where there were tables elaborately set with food and drinks. The music was less loud in the dining room. Julietta and Bruno were standing near a food table. They both perked up when they saw you and Luisa walk in.

"Hey girls!" Bruno smiled. "You did so good out there!"

Julietta nodded enthusiastically "That was so brave of you both, you did amazing"

"Thank you Tio, Thank you mamá" Luisa was beaming, she reached for your hand and you gave it to her. You nodded with her words, thanking them too with your eyes.

"How are you feeling about the way people took it?" Bruno Asked.

"It seems to have gone over pretty well" You said, "I've definitely noticed lots of eyes on us though"

Luisa nodded big. You hadn't spoken to each other about people eyeing you so it was good to know that she noticed it too.

"That comes with the territory" Julietta shrugged. "It doesn't mean it's fun though"

You nodded "I just hope no one says anything too rude to us"

"If they do i'll give them a bad vision. Tell them how they die or something" Bruno said.

You all laughed out loud. Bruno was a very unthreatening presence to the idea of him standing up for you in that way was funny. But also sweet. Luisa really did have such an amazing family.

"Mi Vida!" Someone shouted behind you. You turned, it was Augustin. "You did amazing out there sweetheart!" He said to his daughter, When he reached her he gave her a big hug. She smiled in his embrace. You could tell she loved him so much and was comforted by his embrace. After a moment he let her free, he gave you a hug too, not quite as long as Luisa's. "I'm so proud of you both"

Luisa put her arm around you. "Thank you papa"

The party went on for hours and hours, there was so much food and alcohol and dancing. You were sweating and tipsy, Yours and Luisa's bodies rubbing together on the dance floor. You were more than a little tipsy and you could smell the alcohol on Luisa's breath too. You felt so young and free at this moment. The world knew about you and Luisa and everything felt so perfect.