Chapter 128 - Asking for Blessings

Lena hates what she is doing at the moment, and is extremely nervous. Lena has lied to Kara, and it has been eating her up inside. Lena's currently walking up to another woman's house, and the CEO's stomach is flipping, she has never been so nervous in all of her life. A part of Lena wants to stop what she is about to do, and run away, and crawl back into Kara's arms, but she can't. Lena needs to do this. She has to do this, and she will face the consequences of it all after.

It has now been a few weeks since the day Lena spent with Alex, and the files about Leviathan still haven't been decrypted yet, the decryption is still running. This has caused Lena's nervousness and anxiousness to slowly build, anticipating what they may find in the files. Honestly, Lena is kind of scared about what she might read, as she thinks that perhaps them killing her father was only the tip of the iceberg. So, because of all of that stress, the only thing that has given Lena some relief, is thinking about what she is about to do now, which she has kept a secret from absolutely everyone, for obvious reasons.

Lena walks up to the house door, and takes a nervous shaking deep breath, before then knocking. A few moments later, the door opens.

"Lena?!" Eliza Danvers says, confused.

"Hello, Eliza." Lena smiles, politely.

See, Lena has recently lied to Kara, and claimed that she has gone on a one-day business trip to Metropolis, because she needs to ask Eliza a very important question, and she wants to do it in person, not over the phone.

"What..... what are you doing here?" Eliza asks, confused, "Has... something happened? Is Kara with you?"

"No." Lena replies, "Everything is fine. I'm here on my own. In fact, Kara doesn't even know that I'm here. I've come because I wanted to ask you something."

"Oh, of course." Eliza nods, "Come on inside."

"Thank you." Lena nods back, with a small smile, still feeling very nervous.

"I was just making myself a coffee, can I get you anything to drink?" Eliza asks.

"Uhhh.... just some water, please." Lena requests, hoping that it will help with her throat going dry from her nerves.

"Of course, dear." Eliza says, with a warm smile on her face.

Eliza then leads Lena to the living room, where the CEO takes a seat, and Eliza heads into the kitchen to get them their drinks. A few moments later, Eliza joins Lena on the couch in the living room, handing her the water.

"Thank you." Lena says, and takes a sip of the water.

"Of course." Eliza smiles, warmly again, "Now, what did you want to ask me?"

Lena can tell that Eliza is still confused, and very curious, but doesn't want to show it too much on her face.

"Right." Lena nods, nervously, placing the glass of water on a piece of paper on the coffee table.

Lena then turns to look Eliza in the eyes, and takes deep breath, to gather her nerves.

"So, as you know, or you might not know..... but.... I love your daughter, Kara, very much. Kara is the love of my life, and I can't imagine ever being with anyone else. Ever since both Kara and Alura have entered my life, despite things being crazy, I have never felt so loved, and loved other people so much. At the same time, I also know how important you are to Kara. She lost both her parents when Krypton exploded, and then after she landed on Earth, she lost your husband, her adopted father. So, for most of her life now, you have been her only parent, her mother. And I know Kara really appreciates and loves you, for who you are, and everything you have done for her. So, with that in mind...... I want to spend the rest of my life with Kara. I plan to ask her to marry me. I've come here to ask you in person, not for your permission, but for your blessing to do so."