1 - Hungover

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
ALCOHOL

When I arrived home I thought I would be having a quiet night

When I arrived home I thought I would be having a quiet night. But instead I saw Lira on the floor of the living room absolutely passed out drunk.

Walking closer to her, I saw her perfect body sprawled across the carpeted floor in a exhausted manner. Her right hand gripped a bottle of whiskey, her fingers being loose around the glass. Her straight hair was a mess behind her. Fuck, I wanted to mess up her hair with my hands. Her chest rose and fell slowly and when I went to pick up her hand, her limbs were entirely limp.

Glancing to my left, I saw Raf passed out, his body leaning against the white sofa. He had his knee up, his head down and a gentle snore escaped his lips every so often. Drunken idiot. Utter fool. Little bitch.

I sighed, rubbing my face with one hand, feeling the stubble that coated my jaws. I wished I didn't have to leave for business. I wished I was blackout drunk. I stifled a yawn and tossed off my suit jacket, not caring for where it landed. The maids would be cleaning all this mess up. Lira and Raf could be such slobs when they got drunk.

Lira had been living with me now for almost two months, occasionally going to Albania when she wanted to. She didn't go often because she hated her jet lag and she knew that Admir could handle things. I still didn't know if Admir was pissed that I stole his sister from him, his only family, or maybe he didn't mind getting rid of her. Finding their brother has been futile. No one knows a thing and no one can do a thing. I'm guessing the boy was dead but I haven't voiced that opinion. I could never.

I rolled up the sleeves of my white shirt, stopping at my elbows. I knelt down beside Lira, putting my arms under her thighs and under her back. I lifted her up with ease. She didn't seem to weigh much at all but she was strong as fuck. I felt her groan and I pulled her closer to me. Climbing the stairs, I pushed open the door to my bedroom and gently placed her onto my bed. No - our bedroom. Our bed.

I did ask Lira if she wanted to move out, just her and I but she said she loved being with my parents and being with Raf; like the annoying brother she never had. Family. That's all she ever wanted. So we stayed. We remained in our home which was shared with my parents, Raf and the guards. My parents weren't home, thankfully, otherwise they would have dug out graves and carved some gravestones.

I walked out of my room, leaving her in our bed alone. There was someone else I had to take care off. Someone who would whinge for days if I didn't put him to bed.

I stared down at Raf. His dark hair was a mess despite him getting a fresh cut just yesterday. You can still see his perfect low fade and ruffled top. His shirt was undone, exposing his toned chest and hinting at his six pack. I, being there best brother one could ask for, did what was necessary. I tapped his thigh with my shoe. He grunted mumbling something I couldn't comprehend.

I knelt down once more and stared at him. "Raf get up you stupid shit." I couldn't help but smile. I was a mafia Don, a king, of the Italian-American mafia and here I was giggling at my idiotic drunken brother. I was giggling but no one was around so no one knew. When it became apparent that Raf wouldn't sober up anytime soon, I pulled him up and carried most of his weight. The man grunted, groaning as if he were about to puke. I didn't feel the least bit sorry.