Blind Trust- XXIX

Camilo frowned. He didn't quite know why you needed to see a corpse, and it wouldn't be a pretty sight either.

"Hermosa," His voice soft. You held onto him tighter. "Why do you need to see Tia Julieta?"

Theres a moment while you try to find all the words to say. Deciding to leave out the fact that you could have died if the boy was much more aggressive or perhaps if he had been someone else.

"The, the um," You started nervously, unsure if Camilo would even begin to believe you. The situation felt unreal enough to you, imagine how much more for him. The male sensed your hesitance, gently combing his hands through your hair, to try and coax you to talk."The, the boy, from, from my dreams he, he visited."

"visited?" he murmured, his nose brushing against the top of your head. "in your sleep?"

"no in, in real life." You whisper the last part, Camilo tensing as he realised just what was happening. He gently sat you down, and as you stared into his eyes you could see the seriousness behind them.

"y/n... Then why-"

"He, he said, he said that I could, I could bring Julieta back to life.." There's another silence. In your words he can hear a soft desperation, one that pleaded for him to understand. Camilo couldn't, but he nodded anyhow.

"Okay, okay. I'll help you. What do you need?"

The utter support made you cry. Not only because of how he offered to help, no questions asked but with how he blindly trusted you. Camilo's voice was unsure as he talked, and yet there was no mockery nor did he judge you at all.

The male panicked, hurriedly wiping at your tears, gently kissing your cheeks. He pressed his lips to your nose, your chin and your forehead, effectively making you stifle your wail.

"Hey, Hermosa, don't cry..."

"I, I love, I love you so, so much..."You manage to let out. His face softens, and you think the scene from before might repeat itself. Only now he smiles, eyes lighting up.

"I love you too mi angelita. Now lets put your plan to work shall we?"

Camilo waited for you to get ready outside your room. thankfully he seems to have forgotten about the knife, which you pocket. The boy didn't mention if you needed anything special to split your skin, but just to be sure you brought it specifically.

As you're fixing your hair, tying it to keep it out of your face, you wondered what exactly you and Camilo were. A couple? Were you both still in the dating stage? You thought that people needed to formally ask to be significant others. Anyway, its not important right now, you tell yourself. But the idea of being Camilo's girlfriend made your stomach flutter with excitement.

You exit your room to see the male glancing at a handful of baby photos your mother and father had put out for display. Hes fondly staring with amusement twinkling in his eyes at you wearing a tiara and a poofed up dress.

"You look adorable here," Camilo chuckles as your face burns. However as you approach you can see his teasing expression leave. "Mi amor, after we do all this, whether it works or not will you join me for a date out?"

If you hadn't been so close you would have missed the red rim that surrounded his eyes. Despite Camilo openly flirting and being the overall happy person he was, there still remained a flicker of sadness in his gaze. Which was to be expected. His aunt's life had only been taken yesterday. and with what Abuela said about keeping Julieta's death to yourself, you realize that that meant the madrigals had to go about their taxing daily routine without letting it break to the other villagers that there was a potential murder in the encanto.

How could Luisa and Isabella continue to function with the abrupt absence of their mother? Their heartbroken faces flashed back to you and you shiver. Not a very pretty image. Camilo rubs your back, gesturing to his rauna.

"you cold? What's wrong Bonita?" A crooked smile adrons his face. The sun shines from your window, shedding light on his freckles. They make his irises look golden. You shake your head.

"Just, just nervous..."

"Then don't be," Camilo chuckles, the wonderful sound rippling through the air. "Im here, mi amor, no need to fret."

Just like that the two of you had started walking towards Casita. You dreaded still what you would find. Abuela in particular scared you. If it was all some sort of scheme that made you look like some sort of fool, not only will you never forgive that boy, but neither will you be able to your your face in Casita at all. The embarrassment would be too much.

You hesitate near the door, and thankfully Camilo opens it for you. His hand rests by your waist, occasionally trailing up to rub your back. There's a sense of confidence in his stride but by the slight waver in his smile you could only guess he had at least a smidge of your apprehension.

He led you to a room you had not entered yet. You can make out Julieta, a whisk and bowl in her hand. Her door was dim, lacking in light and colour. You wince.

Camilo opens the door, having you enter in first. It looked lackluster inside. Empty, the only trace if it ever being used was the bed were a body lay. Julieta was unnaturally pale, her lips nearly blending into her skin. Her eyes were shut, mouth slightly open.

There was a smell that you could only guess came from the corpse in front of you. It made your stomach squirm. Camilo grasped at your hand for comfort, pulling you close. His gaze didn't meet his aunt, instead they lay on you, a shaky smile making its way onto his face.

The moment is very easily broken as you hear overlapping voices, before they quiet. You and Camilo can feel their eyes burn into the back of your skull.

"Just what are you two doing?"