𝗦𝗠𝗔𝗟𝗟

They kept mugi in a private room where douma used his ice abilities to cool the room and hopefully made mugi not feel scorched from the fire.

Which don't have that much effect, it's like yakunan put a curse on mugi or something.

Popo was anxiously pacing around, summoning lots of scrolls to find a way to save mugi.

The others were feeling hurt because of mugi's pained screams or whispers from the room.

Rui always sneaked in the room, sitting near mugi and tried to calm her down, but it was useless as mugi either don't want to spread the fire to him so she stayed away or mugi lost control again and bites him.

So the others had to watch rui and lock him up in another room so the spider demon can't go near mugi.

That night, popo walked to mugi's room and went inside. He looked at mugi who was crying on the floor, the blue flames hurting her skin, only for her skin to cure and hurt again, like an endless suffering.

Popo pursed his lips. "Mugi...."

Mugi breathes heavily. "...po..po?"

Popo smiled sadly, "hi, it's me." He put his hand above her and chanted a healing spell, but mugi only groans and slapped his hand away.

"Popo stop it! Mugi hurts.....don't want this!"

Mugi leaned closer to popo and touched the sword popo used to fight yakunan.

"No!" Popo hollered and gripped her hand away from his sword.

Mugi whined. "Mugi...don't want this!"

"I...i don't want this for you either..." popo sadly said.

"Then kill mugi....mugi will hurt all," she rasped out, pointing to one of her eyes that's still red with black sclera. "And...this hurts." She pointed to the flames around her body.

"Please..." mugi tearily looked at popo who gave a shaky breath and gulped.

He wanted to cure mugi, he really do, but he can't find any clues. If his master was here, he could probably help mugi, but mugi was not in the state to be making puppets or summoning souls.

The only way to cure her from her suffering is to let her go.

Popo, who was a puppet, cried in his heart as he physically can't. With shaking hands, he unseathed his sword.

"..i...I'm so sorry...mugi.." popo choked out and put the tip of the sword at mugi's neck.

"It's fine...mugi forgives popo...and mugi loves you all," mugi gave a smile.

Popo nods and gave a smile back. "..heaven will have another angel. I'll see you sometime soon, mugi."

And at that night, mugi was freed from her sufferings.

The next morning, everyone practically know what has happened that night but nobody blames popo as they don't have any ideas how to cure mugi, but she was suffering too much, so they had to let go.

Everyone except rui. For him, mugi had a really special place in his heart. The little demon really feels like a real family, a real little sister for him, and even brings him to go under or with tamayo, yushiro, and y/n and they felt like his family as well albeit their rough start.