Chapter 21 | Cavalry Battle: Part 2

'What should I do?!' Midoriya questioned to himself, panicking.

~Meanwhile, With Bakugou's Team~

"Bakugou, calm down!" Kirishima exclaims, "If you don't calm down, we won't be able to get those points back!"

Monoma was snickering nearby, clearly pleased by the glare he was receiving.

Bakugou growls, slamming his fist into his palm to create an explosion. "Forward, Kirishima! Right now, I'm completely calm!"

Kirishima seriously doubted that, looking at Bakugou's face, but he sighs, "Alright then, we're all counting on you!"

"Mm, that blond boy Bakugou is fighting has a rather powerful quirk." Nightmare commented, watching the two fight.

"A quirk that let's him copy other quirks." C.C says, "Doesn't that get kinda confusing? I thought you needed to train to control your quirk."

Nightmare only shrugs, not having an answer.

"There's only one minute left!" Present Mic exclaims over the speakers.

"Shit!" Bakugou yells. "Hurry up!"

~Back With Deku~

Deku was panicking, eyes darting back and forth looking for an escape root, but it was meaningless. They were surrounded, their only way out being though Todoroki's team, which he knew would be difficult to get through. Dark Shadow had been defending his team for the past five minutes, somehow evading or blocking all incoming attacks in the small area.

Todoroki was in a predicament. Midoriya's team had been purposely staying to his left, so that he couldn't attack without hitting Iida.

"Todoroki, after I do this, I will be out of commission, so make this count." Iida says, hearing there was only one minute left.

Todoroki was confused, but that quickly get replaced with determination as he sees Iida's engines heat up, propelling them forward. He grabs the headband, ripping it away.

They stop a distance away from the other team, which was still shocked. "What was that?" Todoroki asked.

"It's a secret move I haven't told the class about yet." Iida responds. "Didn't I tell you, Midoriya?" He says, turning to Deku, "I would challenge you."

"Oh! Would you look at that! Todoroki's team snagged the ten million headband right from under their noses!" Present Mic shouts, earning cheers from the audience.

"We gotta get that back!" Deku exclaims, making his team rush forward.

They charge, Deku reaching out and activating his quirk, knocking Todoroki's arm aside as he tried to block. His arm didn't take damage, and seeing Todoroki shocked, Deku takes the opportunity to snatch the headband which he thought had the ten million points. They were all turned around so the points couldn't be seen, but he thought that the since his was the one most recently acquired, it would be at the top. Unfortunately, he got the wrong one.

"That was close!" Momo exclaims, "We changed the position of the headbands just in case. Seems like it was the right decision. You were naïve, Midoriya!"

Deku grunts in frustration. '6th place.' He thinks, looking at the leaderboard, 'That isn't enough!'

"There's only ten seconds left!" Present Mic announces over the speakers, "Let the countdown begin!"

The crowds start chanting, "10!"

"Tokoyami!" Deku shouts, forcing them into action once more.

"9!"