Chapter 1 - Rebirth

Chapter 1 - Rebirth

"Need to take good care of mom's shop."

Who's talking?

Su Ling instantly opened his eyes and swept around. Everything was white in colour, and there was a faint smell of disinfectant in the air. This is clearly a ward. No one is here but him. A chill ran down his back. Su Ling quickly got up, turned his head and looked out the window.

Outside the window, the sun shone on the green leaves. The golden light gleams, very beautiful.

How could this be? Shouldn't he be in the laboratory? The time is not right either. He did experiments for 2 days consecutively, and his last memory was at two in the morning. Could it be the headache he experienced during the experiment made him fall into a coma, and then he was taken to the hospital? He looked around, but he did not see his mobile phone and anything related to him, just some strange equipment at the bedside. There’s an ultra-thin LCD screen displaying figure/data that he cannot understand. All of a sudden, his eyes opened widely, the date in the lower right corner of the screen: Ephemeris Interstellar Year 1780, May 22nd.

He was startled. Next, he recalled of a weak young man’s voice he heard when he woke up. A chill rose from the soles of his feet; Su Ling immediately lifted the quilt to get out of bed. When his gaze fell to his right hand on the quilt, he paused, then without even wearing his shoes, he jumped out of bed and ran.

This is not his hand! His hands are not this pale and tender.

He rushed out of the ward and stood at the door for a second. Without any hesitation, he ran to the left. There was a corner to the right in front of him. A large area of sunlight shone from the corridor on the right.

He needs sunshine right now!

He stared at the lighted area while speeding up, but just before he reached the corner, he saw someone approaching from that direction. With an exclaim, Su Ling’s body leaned to the left, wanting to avoid the man, but his feet turned forward because of inertia, and his body crumbled towards the right. He panicked, unconsciously reaching out to grab the person he almost hit.

Not waiting for him to reach out, the man grabbed Su Ling’s hand in one hand and wrapped his waist in another hand, holding Su Ling firmly in his arms. The man instantly let go of his hand at the next moment, then a calm and pleasant male voice came out, "Be careful."

“Hiss..."

Su Ling didn't have time to appreciate the voice, as he was holding his left wrist and gasping in pain. That hurts! He just noticed that his wrist was covered with a layer of gauze, and he covered his hands, his face getting paler.

The pain is so real, it’s not a dream!

The man’s voice sounded again, "Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention."

Su Ling shook his head. His(SL) clothing was white in color, and his sleeves covered half of his palms. Even he himself didn't realize he had injuries on his hands, "It’s not your fault."

He raised his head and smiled. When he saw the man's appearance, he paused slightly before continuing, "Thank you, if not for you, I would fall down."

This man is too handsome!

Under his dark hair were heroic sword-like eyebrows, a pair of deep black eyes, a tall nose and thin lips. His figure should be at least 186cm, handsome and stylish.

The young man's face was pale, but dimples appeared on his cheeks when he smiled, and he looked very soft. The man's serious expression was slightly loosened: "You're welcome."