𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑖𝑙𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒

Eleven
1:25 pm.

The house was silent besides the low talking of Jane and the twins.

And the low sound of Ricori packing my stuff.
Last night the house was pretty packed.
Greg called a couple of guys to handle Rico's "work" or whatever while I sat in the bathtub

bathing.

Shane had ran my bath water for me and provided me with night clothes though he didn't say much,
Nor did Rico. Speaking of him , I saw Greg and him talking a little while after Shane got me to calm down.
Greg seemed calm the whole conversation , Rico .. not so much because he stormed out of the house , he must've been out for so long that I didn't realize he didn't come back until the next morning.
when I was lying on the couch just starting at the black front screen Tv , I heard the door open slowly and the heel of someone's dress shoes .. I looked up over the couch as the blanket fell from my shoulder .. down my arm .
It was

Rico ... his hair was messy and his eyes were drooped  .. his clothes were hanging and he looked like he's been partying ? Or wasting himself.
He stopped in his tracks as he stood ontop the door mat staring into my eyes as I stared back into his ...
After atleast 20 seconds of us having direct eye contact .. he blinked and looked away as he began to shut the door behind him , and walk away as if I weren't there.

I bit the inside of my cheek and thought about how bad I fucked up.
Maybe I shouldn't have been wearing what I was wearing ?
Maybe he thought I was teasing him so it made it okay as to what he was going to do ..
but I was asleep?
Was it the way I slept? Did I accidentally-

Stop.

My mind made me.

The air was soft and smelled like a rainy morning from the night before.
I daydreamed for a while before I felt this numby feeling in my elbow as if it were a distorted television With a glitchy effect , I guess from leaning on it too long.

I lied back down and pulled the blanket back over my shoulder since it was pretty chilly in the living room.

I kept quiet as I heard the shuffling of Ricori walking around in his dress shoes as if they were heels.

The clicking and clacking on the hardwood floor soothed me knowing I wouldn't dare ask for more since I figured this is how it would be ..
I wouldn't dare talk to him knowing how upset he is with me ... knowing that it was other people in the house when only I wished it was just us three.

Again . .

How it all began , back then , but I couldn't comprehend .. where did I go wrong?

I remember sitting in the tub crying as the water turned a slight red color.
to think that it was all my fault weighed heavy on me.

At first I thought I was bleeding, but remembering whose blood it actually was very defeating .

I cleaned I cleaned , I scrubbed I rubbed , I scrubbed I scrubbed I rubbed I cleaned... I scraped ... my mind could only debate wether I would be replaced or misplaced .. or both.

I sat and I thought until I could no longer think , though I try to hide behind the walls of the truth ...
I could only admit This wasn't the first incident but I too can only adduce.

I sat there as the sun began to rise and shine throughout the house ..

No music , no talking , just clacking & thinking about.

I soon heard the creaking of the wood signaling someone else was coming into the kitchen / living room.

"morning babygirl" the raspy morning voice of Shane said .

I didn't respond just kept quiet.

That's when a pair of legs blocked my view from the blank tv that my eyes had consumed.
"Why are you up so early , it's 6am" he whispered. . .
I just stared at his kneecaps that I could kinda see through the sweats that he wore.

"We're leaving today at 1" he spoke as he squatted down in-front of me , and pushed my curls from infront of my face

I layed there silently for another hour or two before the house started waking up , I did get up eventually to shower and eat breakfast , all by myself.
I felt lonely because today was Ricoris day to feed me ... though I still had Shane but , it wasn't his day.

I stared at the ground as I listened to everyone hug eachother and say their goodbyes to Rico and Shane ...
They don't like you anymore for what you did.

I'm sorry ... I whispered to myself as a teardrop landed on my polished doll shoes that Ricori got me

I just wanted him to Hug me. . . Please

Before I started crying I got a special big hug from Jane .. "I'll miss you" she whispered in my ear as she kissed my cheek.

Then came drake and Jake they both hugged me together which was very comforting
"We're sorry that happened" Jake spoke in a sincere tone

"Yea , we wish we got to know you better before .. ya know" drake spoke

"Mmhmm .. you're very cool and very pretty ..we also love your freckles" Jake said with a slight smile

I smiled slightly as I looked up to them.

"I hope .. WE hope this isn't our last time seeing eachother ...I think we should at least .. ya know .. um" drake began to stutter
"What he means is .. we should all at least keep in contact ... communicate ?" Jake asked looking into my eyes for a 'yes' ..
"Of course" I whispered as I nodded with a slight smile

We exchanged numbers before Shane said ...

"it's time"

We all hugged once more before we backed away from eachother. . . I had turned my back and slowly began to walk towards the black car

"Hey eleven" drake called

I turned around
"I .. I did think your name was like the number eleven by the way" he smiled

I smiled as my eyes began to feel ... watery
I sniffled as I looked at them look at me ...
I turned to Rico and my tears began to fall . .

I was silently begging with my eyes for some type of emotional support . .

And his eyes actually opened for once since yesterday , he didn't look angry or neutral he actually look like he actually had cared
He ran towards me and wrapped his arms around me , i bursted into tears

"It's okay mama, we'll see them again soon" he spoke softly as he kissed the top of my head

I looked back at them and waved before the backseat door was opened for me and I was helped into the car ...
He stared at me as I felt teardrops fall down my face ... he kissed my lips before closing the door.

I cried softly as I thought about everything.

After about 5 minutes , my door was opened again and this time rico was getting in while Shane got into the front seat.

I guess he wasn't driving this time.

Once they got in and got comfortable , shane started the car up and began to drive away . . I watched as Jane , drake & jack waved while making silly faces . I smiled and waved back .. hoping they could see me through the tinted windows.
As we drove further down the road , music began to play and I snuggled closely under Rico . .

I missed his presence and the smell of his cologne.

"I love you princess" he whispered as he kissed my head.