Chapter 13

HEY YALL IM BACK UH SO I WENT THROUGH A LOT, WE HAD TO PUT ONE OF MY DOGS DOWN RECENTLY SO I WAS HAVING A ROUGH TIME, SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!

I walk through the town, trying to understand what is going on with me!  Seriously, why?! Where did I go wrong? After a while, I remember the chores I have to do today.  I need to buy more fruit, i have to run to the library to grab a couple new books, and I'm gonna help Mr. Ortega run the shop for a while. What? Im not allowed to work in my shop.  Besides, he needs a helping hand. 

I still have a while before I have to start my chores when Val runs up to me. 

"Y/n! Hey!" She shouts.  She seems like she's in a good mood today..

"Morning, Val. What's up?"

"I-... crap.  What was I gonna say..." she trails off, "while I think, what are you up to?" 

"Just starting some chores, that's all. Im gonna go to the library, i need to buy more fruit, then I'm gonna help Mr. Ortega in the art shop," I respond as we start walking again.

"Uh, no.  You're not working today," she says in a serious tone, making a strong eye contact.

"What? Why not?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"You're supposed to be on a break."

"Uggh, not you too..." I sigh.

"Ill do your chores for the day."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes. Oh! That's right, I remember!" She says snapping her fingers.  "Camilo and I broke up."

...

"WHAT?!" I shout, and see as people turn towards me.

"Yeah," she says, nonchalantly.

"Uh, no. I'll kill him," I say, looking around to see if he was anywhere near me.

"Why? I dumped him," she says as I whip my head back to her. (Whiplash :( )

...
What?

"Huh?" I ask, confused.

"We just weren't really good together, and we never even really hung out anyway.  He hardly knew me."

"But... I thought everything was going great for you?"

"It was for a while, but I realized he liked someone else, so I didn't wanna keep him in a one sided relationship."

...
WHAT?!

"He what? Who?"

"Sorry, but it's not my info to share."

"Alright," I say with a sigh as we continue our walk. Irritating, but I respect it.

It was silent, awkwardly silent. Like, uncomfortably silent. That was, until she broke the silence.

"So, do you like someone?"

are you fucking kidding me..?! I would've preferred the quiet.

"No, what makes you think that? I don't like anyone," I say with a straight face, or so I thought.

"Well, you're beat red and your eye started to twitch so I know you're lying..." she coos in my ear with a devious smile, resting her hands on shoulders from behind.

"What? No, Val, I don't like anyone," I say, picking up the pace a bit, freeing myself from her grasp

"You can't hide from love, y/n!" She yells, stopping and staring at my now running figure.