Chapter 56

Virat entered his chamber smiling. His smile widened as he saw his wife folding some clothes and arranging them in cupboard. "Sudeshna, I am so happy" he smiled, "Why arya?" She gazed at him with amusement. "Because I am seeing your acceptance towards putra vadhu. You have started giving her important responsibilities, that means you had accepted whole heartedly as the future queen" Virat held her shoulders, but she just smirked. "This means you haven't understood me yet arya" she gazed out of the window, "I am giving her responsibilities so that she remains busy in the work and won't give much time to Shvet. So, when I ask Shvet for a second marriage he would immediately agree" she turned her gaze towards Virat who looked much amused.

"What! I can't believe you are doing this to your own son. He has gone through so much from childhood, protecting his siblings, atleast let him get happiness from his wife" Virat said angrily. Sudeshna stood in front of him, her cold gaze fixed on him, "I don't want the heir of our kingdom to be born from a lady, who had suffered from a rape attempt, and that's the reason I am doing this. And I won't listen to you, this is regarding the future of our kingdom" She replied. "Sudeshna! What's her fault in this. Did she told the goons to do that with her? Can't you see the efforts she is doing to be in your good books? Why so much hatred towards her?" Virat spoke with empathy. He had definitely developed a soft corner for Vedangi, he had always admired how hardworking she was.

While this conversation was going on, Vedangi stood outside the door, her hand on her mouth, trying to control her whimpers. She had came there to submit some documents to Virat, but overhead all the conversation. She wiped her tears and ran to her chamber as she was unable to control herself, her mother -in -law held so much hatred for her! Was she a disgrace to the royal family? Did she really deserve to be part of the family?

"You remember? When Shvet was born your family didn't accept him whole heartedly, because he was born from a Suta lady. When Shvet was made the Yuvraj, ministers weren't fully ready to accept him. What is the same happens with my grandson or granddaughter? Your family's behaviour with me had turned me into the bitter woman I am now. Have you thought how would Shvet feel if his wife and child would be taunted by citizens or even ministers?" Sudeshna paused to catch breath, Virat lowered his gaze as he remembered those old days.

"I know you always think that I am a cruel and bitter woman, and honestly I can't keep proving everyone that I am not like that. You always think that I don't care for our children, but deep down my heart I do! And I don't need to prove this again and again, only my Shvet understands me, because he himself has seen it all" she wiped a tear drop from the corner of her eyes and walked out of the chamber. Shvet stared at her, feeling guilty that he was not able to give her the happiness she deserved.
************************************
Vedangi threw herself on her bed, letting out all the tears. Why did this happen to me sakha? What was my fault that those demons tried to rape me? I am a disgrace... disgrace to this kingdom. She thought to herself holding the bedsheet tightly in her fists. Should I go somewhere far from here? Not even to my father's kingdom. Nath would marry some other princess and would lead a happy life. What should I do Sakha Ganesha , what should I do!She screamed aloud in anger and frustration. Maa Baba I miss you so much. No one cares for me here, no one loves me, whole day I am working, running from one chamber to another, trying my best to prove matashree that I am an ideal kulvadhu! This is all I get. I want to come back to you all, where I am the pampered kid, no one hurts me, showers love on me. Why are you not here with me, why! I feel like communication is decreasing between me and Nath. Whole say we are away from each other and at night when we meet, we end up fighting. I am so so tired of all this, I want to be in your embrace maa, I want priyaai to cook my favourite dishes for me, I want baba to bring flowers for me! Maa!

Being tired from crying she slowly surrendered to slumber, without her own notice. After finishing his work, Shvet came to his chamber as saw her lying on the bed, her hair dishellved. Surprised he sat besides her and rocked her forehead gently, it was hot! He touched her neck and hands, she was having fever. Why does she keeps herself so stressed! He thought to himself and laid her on the bed properly, tears slipped from his eyes as he kissed her forehead and ran to call rajvaidya.
************************************
"Right Yuvraj, she fell ill because of stress. But don't worry, it's just mild fever, she would feel better till evening" the rajvaidya left after keeping a bottle of medicine on the nearby table. Shvet sat besides Vedangi and held her hand into his lovingly. "Don't stress yourself so much, you are precious to me" he said with longing in his eyes. For a moment Vedangi felt blessed, she saw love for her in his eyes, she kept her own hand over his and nodded positively. But as Shvet embraced her, Sudeshna's words ran in her ears, her head began to spin and she pushed Shvet aside.

"Don't come near me. I am a disgrace to your family, I will malign you too, stay away from me" she said. Though her body was trembling both from weakness and anxiety, she rose on her feet. Shvet though confused tried to comfort her and touched her shoulder, but she shrugged his hand and ran to her inner chamber. Shvet ran behind her, but before he could reach, the door in front of him was closed, he banged on the door continuosly, pleading her to open the door. "I know something is wrong with you, atleast give me the opportunity to solve your problem. Please trust me" he pleaded but she didn't open the door.

She sat near the door, covering her mouth with her palm, controlling her whimpers and cries, while he sat outside the door, pleading her to communicate. She was continuously blaming herself for coming in his life and loving him and making his life more hard. "Umanandan! My wife my swamini trusts you really very much. Sakha Ganesha is what she calls you na? I can see her eyes shining whenever she hears your name. You know right how much I love her. Please help me in bringing things back to normal between us" Shvet prayed in front of Ganesha idol.
***********************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me ❤️.