Waking up once again in your familiar bed, you blinked a few times, adjusting to the light around you.

Taking a long stretch before you decided to move into a sitting position.

You groaned gently before checking the time.

"FUCK HOLY SHIT I'M SO LATE!"

Immediately throwing off your blankets, you dress as fast as possible and run into the kitchen and make a quick bowl of cereal and eating quickly.

Leaving your dish in the sink, you run to the bathroom and brush your teeth and put deodorant on.

Grabbing your bag quickly and run out of the house and lock the door behind you.

"Shit- shit- shit-"

You dash down the street towards your school, avoiding taking any more time than needed.

"It's right there, okay, I might make it-"

...

Silence

...

You couldn't even process what happened to you.

You didn't even want to process what happened to you.

Before you felt a quick and hard force hit you.

"Holy- fuck!"

It was painful, how do the main characters in fan fictions do this?

Taking a quick intake of breath you gently tried to turn your head, becoming successful, but not without immense pain in every muscle in your neck.

"Damn, what poor fella git hit by a truck?" You questioned with mock pity for yourself.

Sighing, you accepted the fact that you were that poor fella.

"guess this where i do a dramatic speech about my life or something."

..

"Nah that's boring, too cliche, anyways." you laughed with a soft tone to avoid anymore unnecessary pain.

Looking up into the sky you started observing the movement of the clouds above you.

"Man, lowkey happy it was today though, I'd be pissed if I had the day off." You smiled.

Closing your eyes you started to mute the voices around you.

Feeling haziness overwhelm you, Slowly letting the feeling overtake you.

Until

"FUCK DAKOTA STILL OWES ME MONEY UGH"

Then you died, or erm- uh, passed out?

☁︎

Groaning you felt cold. Really cold.

'Ugh, fuck I'm gonna freeze my balls off, I feel like I just died.'

Then you remember the events that took place just a few minutes ago.

'Wait, I DID just die, right? then why the fuck is it so cold? I thought hell was like, burning hot- unless I'm in heaven? nah, why the fuck would heaven be so cold'

Deciding to finally open your eyes, you immediately get blinded.

"Ah! fuck, I can't believe you've done this!"

Opening your eyes a little bit slower you noticed the copious amount of snow around you.

'The sun reflecting off the sun probably blinded me, WAIT- SNOW??!'

Scrambling into a sitting position, you groan once again, grabbing a handful of snow in an attempt to ignore the pain that spread quickly around your body.

'Holy shit, im so sore.. I guess my pain hasn't fully gone away from earlier.'

Slowly, moving this time, you stood up and observed your surroundings.

Then it dawned upon you.

You were in the middle of the woods with no idea where you were or where civilization is. Or if there even was civilization near.

You the odds were against you undoubtedly, especially with potential injury.

But if you don't try to find people, you will die from the cold or wild animals..

Or demons but of course you didn't know that.

Taking a small step forward, you tested how injured you were and how careful you needed to be.

Receiving no pain in return, you took another step, adding more weight this time.

Once again, no pain, taking a few more steps, you decided to try to reach into a small jog.

Heading west from where you were, you looked for a stream to follow.

Jogging in a slow pace, you found a steam and followed it down to hopefully find people.

It was starting to darken, and your anxiety started to grow with each step.

Forcing yourself into a little bit of a faster pace, you headed down hill.

You almost cried seeing the soft talking and glow of the town, you ran down as fast as possible, fearing what may be watching your decline fron the mountain.

Entering the town, you went up to the first kind looking person you could find.

Tapping their shoulder gently, you waited for them to face you fully.

"U-Uhm excuse me, but I have no idea of where I am or what happened.." you told them anxiously.

"Oh my!" the old woman in front of you commented

"You must be so confused, you poor girl.. " She said to you.

"Where a-are we?" you asked.

"Okutama, we're near Mt. Kumotori, dear" She responded to you kindly.

"W-What year is it? " You asked her, shivering in place.

"It's the Taishō era, my dear" She replied
..

..

'TAISHŌ ERA??'

☁︎

808 words