10. 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰'𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘃𝗲𝗶𝗻𝘀

THE SHRILL OF THE DOORBELL RINGING BROUGHT THE FAMILY OF SUPERS TO A HALT. Eszter looked at the door like she was could see right through her, already knowing who was standing on the other side. The witch didn't know whether she was eager or a little anxious to hang out with Wesley, barely knowing the guy, yet she was putting a lot of trust in him. Eszter wouldn't necessarily consider Wesley as a friend, she found him annoying and cocky, but he knew his stuff.

     Eszter forgot about Wesley's visit to pick her up for their little meet-up. She was sitting at the kitchen table with a blonde-haired baby doll laying on its back, plastic legs pointed up, and a clean diaper was sitting next to it. Eszter was getting ready to compete Vision on who could change the baby's diaper the fastest, knowing she'd lose with the disadvantage of his superspeed. However, Eszter planned to use her powers.

     After they returned from their baby shopping, Eszter had let the thought of Wesley slip from her mind; she was ecstatic to meet her little nephews--yes, Eszter still believes their twins--and wants to be the best aunt ever. Eszter wants to be there for Wanda, even though she knows her sister would merely push her away, assuring the witch she could handle the babies alone. Nevertheless, Wanda agreed to let Eszter consider changing the baby's diapers, so the witch turned to practice because she's never changed a baby's diaper in her life.

     "I'll get that," called Eszter, already jumping to her feet.

     However, Vision's speed proved to be better than hers.

     "No worries, Eszter. I've got the door," assured Vision, speeding across the living room and stopping at the front door in a matter of seconds. Vision unlocks the door and peels it open, greeted by a smiling stranger with curly hair. He furrows his brows, smiling politely at the boy. "Hello, how may I help you?"

     "Hi, I'm looking for Eszter?" Wesley wondered from the front door. "Is she here by any chance?"

     Suddenly, Vision was buffing his chest, squaring his shoulders, and tensing his jaw. The humanoid crossed his arms tightly across his chest, narrowing his eyes at Wesley. "Depends; who's asking?"

     Wesley parts his lips, taken aback. He flushed a bit. "Oh, uh . . . I'm Wesley, sir," he held his hand out to greet Vision. "I met Eszter earlier this morning when I was going on a short walk. She's a friend of my mom's, actually."

     "And who is your mother?"

     "Who is it, honey?" Wanda wondered from the kitchen, stepping out and into the dining area.

     Eszter, wanting to deflect the conversation, sprung up from her seat and darted across the living room, squeezing herself between the door and Vision. She met Wesley's amused gaze, but Eszter was merely glaring at the boy, almost annoyed. Eszter would roll her eyes, but it would be useless; her frustration would only amuse Wesley even more.

     "Oh, my God. You're so embarrassing," muttered Eszter to Vision, who didn't seem phased by her comment. Pressing her lips tightened into a smile, the witch nudged her head to the side. "What are you doing here? I thought we were going to meet up a little later?"

     Wesley inspected his watch, then looked at Eszter. "It is a little later," he practically joked, which Eszter didn't find funny. "I kind of have a curfew, so . . ."

     "You have a curfew?" scoffed Eszter with a slight chuckle, folding her arms across her chest and jutting her hip out.

     He snickered, too. "You'd be surprised to know how strict my mother is," said Wesley with a hint of bitterness lingering in his tone. "So, you ready to go?"