Chapter 5: "Dog dying from asthma"

(Jakes's pic above)

Edited - 18.02.22

I am sitting on my bed trying to comprehend what is happening to my life

I am sitting on my bed trying to comprehend what is happening to my life. Yeah, you must be wondering bed? 

Do you even have a home right now? 

Yeah I do.

So let me tell you how I got as lucky as a mouse who has got cheese from a cat's den.

----:::- flashback-:::---

Yesterday when I returned from that arrogant-as-hell-jerk head, Jess was worried as hell and then I told her everything about me being kicked out by the owner or apartment and meeting a friend on streets, obviously except for the part where I went to that asshole's home for that stupid deal. 

I am  not sure whether I should tell Jess about this, and drag her into my mess. I am thinking not to tell her anything about that deal - at least right now. It's not like I am afraid of  Ace's threats of not telling anyone - it's just that first I want to figure out what's going in my life then tell someone about it. 

So back to how I didn't lose the apartment -  when me and Jess were in between our conversation, the doorbell rang. 

Who would it be at this time? I thought. 

Maybe a serial killer who is going to kill me and dump me in the river. Or worse a gang leader who wants to kill me because of some contract. Or maybe a robber who will rob all our things and then.....

"You need to stop reading those novels Ev and focus in the present. Those things don't happen in real." Jess yelled getting up to see who was there on the door. 

How did she even know what I was thinking? 

 I shook my head and went behind her to see who it was. It was the owner of the apartment. "Oh Eva dear, there you are. I came here for you only. Actually I wanted to tell you that you can stay here and I am sorry for the misunderstanding earlier. It is handled now you can stay here. No problems." He said and smiled. 

What?

"Oh that's a great news. Thank you." I said nevertheless. He nodded and went. 

Strange.

After that another thing which happened which was weird. I got a call from the manger of the café that I can resume my work and I am not fired. 

What ?! 

But I was just too happy to question so I just thanked him and cut the call. Excited, I went to Jess to tell her about it.

Is that what we call - the sun rises after a dark night. 

Heck, no one says that.

--:::flashback ends:::---