Waking up, you heard your Okasan cooking in the kitchen, rubbing your eyes, you opened them after a few seconds.

Stretching, you forgot where you were for a second, memories came crashing down on you, and you realized that this wasn't a dream.

Sitting up, you ran a hand through your hair and blinked a few times.

Getting up from your futon, you looked for Okasan, in where you assumed the kitchen was.

"Okasan..?" You asked softly

"In here, dear. " You heard in response from her.

Following where you heard the voice you found her cooking food for the both of you.

"Okasan, sorry to bother you but do you have a mirror and a comb?" You asked.

"Of course dear, it's in my room near my futon." She told you.

"Thank you, Okasan! " You said before rushing into her room and spotting the comb and soon after, you found the mirror.

Sitting down, you started to comb through your hair calmly.

'Oh shoot! I need to go near Mt. Kumotori, I need to look for Tanjiro, maybe he'll descent the mountain soon. I nesd an excuse to go near there since we leave near the outer edge of the town. '

Continuing to comb your hair  you thought.

'Maybe I'll just use the excuse that I want to explore my surroundings.'

Hearing a knock at the door, you look over before seeing the door open and seeing your Okasan.

"Dear, it's breakfast, it's ready now. "

Smiling towards her to say "Thank you Okasan, I'll be there in a minute. "

She nodded and left the room.

Putting both the mirror and comb back into place to go to your Okasan and sit down across from her.

"Itadakimasu" You say before eating the delicious food laid out infront of you.

☁︎

After finishing your food you helping your okasan with dishes.

Deciding now was the time, you asked "Okasan? Can I go into town today?"

"Of course, but why? " Sue asked curiously

"I just want to explore where I live, a bit more. " I mean , it wasn't a complete lie, you did want to know what the town looked like.

Especially since you'll be living there for god knows long.

"Okay, dear, I don't mind, be safe" She smiled

"Of course, Okasan, I'll return safe and sound"

Leaving the house felt slightly weird but you just shook it off and headed deeper into the town.

With slight pep in your step you walked into town and you immediately saw a few people around.

Excitedly you looked around and caught the gaze of a woman.

She noticed that you caught her staring at you so she smiled and walked towards you.

"Hello, I haven't seen you around are you new? "

"Yes! I live more on the outskirts of town and this is my first time coming more into the center of the town" You say slightly excited.

"Well aren't you excited to be here, I'm Sano Emma" She said

"ehe, sorry, I'm L/N Y/N, call me Y/N."

"Nice to meet you Y/N"

"Nice to meet you too, is there people who live on Mt. Kumotori? I've heard of a boy there and I really wanted to meet them. " You asked her.

"Oh! You haven't met Tanjiro, yet? He's very kind and always helps around the village. " She stated

"He seems very nice, but no, I haven't met him. "

She looked at you slightly wide eyed.

"You haven't met, Tanjiro? He's always around, how long have you been here? "

With a tiny bit of reluctance you respond

"uh, I got here last night. "

She just blinked.

"Well you'll meet Tanjiro more towards the entrance of the mountain, I have to go run errands. " She said to you.

"Thank you! Bye. "

"Bye, Y/N"

☁︎

Running towards the direction where Emma pointed you in, you were excited to run into yhe burgundy haired male.

Seeing the town start to look a bit more familiar, you realized you were at the place where Tanjiro comes down to sell coal.

'AHAHAH WHERE'S HE AT'

Looking around, you spot the  male you've been looking for.

Slowing down into a normal person pace you, walk over to him.

'Wait- how do I even approach him? do I just tap his shoulder or maybe I-'

No worries,
it happened for you.
You ran into Tanjiro.

"Im so sorry!" You immediately apologize.

"No, its alright" he responds with a smile while picking up the few pieces of coal that fell out from his basket.

"No I'm really sorry, is there any why I can repay you?"

"Nono! really! it's okay! " he says to you.

Feeling really bad about bumping into him, you thought of ways to make it up to him.

"If you don't mind, can I buy you food? As an apology? " you asked him.

Unbeknownst to you, he was freaking out mentally. A pretty girl wanting to buy him food?

He blushed and said "I'd love to"

Immediately smiling brightly at the thought of getting to spend more time with him you thought that you should probably tell him your name.

"I'm L/N, call me Y/N."

"Kamado Tanjiro, please call me Tanjiro"

☁︎

869 words