Chapter 42: Surround Her!

I snorted when I remembered how I met Andrew in Ratri's office.

Andrew was tasked by Peter Ratri to guard me. I know that Ratri won't slip a chance to gain a stronger connection to Leuvis, that's why I already anticipated that someone from his side would choose to come with me.

But of all people, why him?

In the manga version of TPN, Andrew killed very important characters. My anger towards him turned into resentment when he did something horrible to my little Phil. Although I didn't know what Andrew did to him in the manga...

I know that Phil experienced something horrible.

I have to eliminate him---

I mean get rid of him--

I mean I can't let him to stand in my way...

"Gun is not necessary, put it away," I ordered Andrew who was staring at the scared children. "I only asked Mr. Bayon to look for possible merchandise, you don't want to offend him by hurting one of his properties without permission, right?"

Andrew calmly glanced at me, he seemed to follow my instruction, but he didn't let his intimidation to disappear.

I was about to breathe in relief, but the man suddenly spoke.

"The Grand Duke asked you to hunt for him. You can't possibly ignore his request," He stated while wiping his gun. "Should I do that for you? I know that the Young Miss can't possibly do such things like this."

"After all, you are weak."

I clenched my fist when I heard it from him. 

Nevermind him.

I glanced at the children who were currently looking at us. I also noticed the weapons in their hands. I could see that they are wary of me, and it seems like they are ready to use those weapons if we did something against them.

"Look at you, what are you holding?" Andrew nonchalantly said. 

I turned my gaze on him when I heard that.

My eyes went wide when I saw him grabbing a child's arm carelessly. Andrew took a weapon from the child with a stoic face. I stared at him in horror when he placed his gun on the child's temple.

"AHHH! G-GET OFF ME!" The child shouted in panic.

"Don't touch Kelvin! Get away from him!" Another child shouted while trying to push Andrew. However, the child didn't stand a chance when Andrew pushed the child away before pulling the trigger of his gun.

BANG! 

"OUCH!" The child shouted when the bullet grazed on his legs. He cried loudly while trying to take care of his wound.

I glared at Andrew.

"Stop that," I warned him. 

"We need suppress them with fear, don't you see their weapons, Young Miss?" He said as he pulled the child that he was grabbing into the air. The child's feet dangled as he cried in pain. "If we won't suppress them with fear,  they will attack you."

"You're actually provoking them," I told him with a stern voice. I glanced at the children who were holding their weapons tightly. "Besides, the child that you are holding is not worth for Duke Leuvis nor for our Merchandise. Don't waste your energy on small ones."

"Not worth?" He asked before glancing at the child. He slowly placed the child on the ground as he glanced at me. "Have you chosen someone?"

My eyes went to a familiar child who was watching behind Andrew. The child also stared at me.