Once you got his name you smiled brightly and your eyes seemingly gleamed with joy at his acceptance of the offer.

"When will you be done?" You asked him nicely.

"Oh I just have a bit more to sell." he replied.

"Well, then do you mind if I keep you company while you sell? I'm amazing company actually" you smirked jokingly.

"I don't mind. " He smiled at the small smirk you had.

"GREAT! I'm glad!" You excitedly ran to his side and bounced on your heels until you both started walking.

He smiled his usual kind smile at your antics and started walking once again.

"Sooo.. Tanjiro, how old are you?"

'I need to know how much time we have left.'

"I'm 15, what about you?"

"16" you replied calmly.

'we have one year only? seriously?'

Sighing, you realized you wouldn't be able to do anything anyways, I mean he's the demon king.

Snapping out of your thoughts, you asked another question.

"Do you have any siblings, Tanjiro?"

"I have five siblings." He smiled.

"Wow, really? I don't have any, I got adopted by this sweet lady" You smiled, think of your okasan.

"Oh? do you know your real parents" Tanjiro asks.

"Oh uhm, actually I woke up in the mountain, I almost froze to death before I found her. She took me in as her own daughter."

"Oh, sorry for asking" he said apologetically.

"Nah, it's fine, can't be sad about family I didn't even know, yeah? " you said, trying to lighten the mood.

Unknowingly, you guys sold a lot of coal during the time you were talking.

"Wow, that didn't take long at all, told you I'm great company!" you said with a large smile.

"Yeah, you really are, Y/N" he replied softly.

This made you very giddy and you blushed lightly.

Tanjiro smile a bit wider seeing your reaction to his agreement.

"Let's get that food, now! I'll get some great food for you, Tanjiro! "

"Y/N, I'm not going to make you buy me food, I just said that so you'd stop apologizing." He said kindly.

You frowned, does he already want to get rid of you?

"But" he said, catching your attention, "You can follow me up the mountain and meet my family, if you wanted."

Of course you wanted to! why would you ever decline an offer to meet a family of such sweethearts!

"Yes! I'd love to!" You said, your mood immediately raising again.

☁︎

Following Tanjiro up the mountain, you we're extremely excited, and you we're pretty sure he could smell it.

"We're almost there, Y/N, calm down. "

That raised your excitement even more, but it also added a tiny bit of anxiety, too

Approaching the house on the mountain you immediately see a girl and a boy.

'Must be Hanako and Shigeru'