Chapter 26 - Xian Mo Yu

Nalu's voice rose sharply after hearing Gu Liheng's words, "Why did he leave? Didn't he go back to the villa to look for you?"

Gu Liheng was silent for a moment, "There is no need to borrow the spiritual plant anymore. So, he moved out of the villa today."

Thinking of Su Ling's words when he left the store, Nalu couldn't help but worry, "You asked him to move out, right? He likes you, so he will definitely not leave by himself."

"You know he...likes me?" Gu Liheng pursed his lips slightly.

"Of course I know! I wasn’t able to persuade him not to," Nalu said in an anxious tone, muttering to himself, "Did he go into hiding somewhere because he was sad?”

Nalu: “Please check the surveillance camera around your villa. I will try my best to contact him."

After Nalu finished speaking, he hung up and continued to call Su Ling.

Gu Liheng asked Domi to playback the surveillance after noon around the villa. He watched at four times the speed and pressed the pause button when Su Ling was looking at the ‘map of the hole’ in his bracelet. With Su Ling dressed in camouflage and checking a map, it is obvious what he wants to do. Gu Liheng went outside and dialled Su Ling’s number, but no one answers it. His jaw tightened, not willing to think about the possibility of something terrible happening to Su Ling. Without hesitation, he called the search team and said, "We need to search for someone in the back mountain."

When the search team came to the villa, Gu Liheng roughly told them the story and shared the map. Next, he contacted Nalu to explain the situation. Soon, 2 aircrafts arrived on the sky over the villa. One of them landed in the back garden. After Gu Liheng went into it, it took off again. The 2 aircrafts activated its radar and thermal detectors and proceeded along the route of the red line.

Su Ling has been walking according to navigation. After going deep into the mountains, the vegetation is denser, and the road is getting harder and harder to walk. Fortunately, his pheromone is so powerful that there are no insects all the way, which is very safe and worry-free. Every hour he walks, he will rest for 15 minutes. Then, taking advantage of the rest, he would take out the 3 spiritual plants as bait to ‘fish’ for a certain spiritual plant. During this period, he reattached the isolator temporarily and smelling the fragrance of the 3 spiritual plants, his energy quickly recovered.

When it was almost 5 pm, Su Ling came upon a flowing stream. He looked back and forth and considered his route. Worried that he would lose sight of the stream if he continues, he decided to camp nearby. He took out the tent and assembled it swiftly. Then he leaned over and adjusted his sleeping bag. He was about to stand up when something caused him to stop. The airflow was disturbed when he wants to get up earlier, and at that moment, he smelled an extremely unpleasant and familiar smell.

It is the ‘black threadlike stem’ that sneaked into the spiritual plant room that day!

His heart starts to beat rapidly. Su Ling straightened up and turned around, then he saw two black stems waving towards him. He subconsciously raised his hand to block, but the black stems stopped in front of him. Instantly, a strong smell of rotten meat and bad eggs made him dizzy. He stepped back, but a black stem quickly circled his waist and bound him up. The bind was not strong, but at the moment of contact, countless images suddenly appeared in his head; rushing to get into his head. His mind overloads with the information, and he fainted to the ground.

The black stem loosened and then retracted, returning to the ground not far away. At first glance, it seemed that the 2 threadlike stems protruded from the ground all of a sudden. A gust of wind blew, the leaves swayed gently, but the young man was unconscious and wasn’t aware of what’s happening. After a while, more black stems came out from the ground not far away, and the colour of the ground became very dark in the blink of an eye, and it quickly collapsed and sunk to form a large hole.