Chapter 14 (RR)

Rye's POV

I was eating my snacks at home alone. I am hungry even I just finished my dinner an hour ago.

I was always bored, and it's always fun to talk with Riley. He has an unlimited source of his funny memes.

"Eat well." He replied.

"Wait." Rain spoke behind me.
"Was that Riley? Are you chatting with him?" He looked serious now after he saw my screen.
Cloud is not around. At least, they are not teaming up against me.

"We were just talking about the party."

"He should be talking with us about it instead." Rain is so pressed.

"Riley doesn't want his number spread, so he is just informing me of his ideas. I already told him to just talk with the organizers."

"I hope you are telling the truth. We found him first. Remember that."
Rain uttered before leaving.

I can imagine how they would react when Riley attended their party. Sky is not excited about it since she knows that the party is not really for them. It's for Riley.

I just continued eating my doughnuts, I asked from my stingy twin brother. You don't know how hard it is to beg for food from him. I can buy it, but I am lazy to move.

"Eat there too. Are you studying?" I asked Riley.

He is not replying anymore. He should still be awake right now. An hour passed, so I message him again.
Still no reply from him.

Is he busy partying again? He didn't say to me. Fuck! It's not like he is obliged to tell me everything.

I tried to call him, but he was not answering.

I saw the two looking at me.
"Damn, I am not calling Riley, okay?"
I am already not in the mood.
Rain probably told Cloud already about Riley and me chatting.

"Aki, we will just go to the convenience store." The two asked my twin.

Aki is very strict when it comes to his siblings.

"Bring your bodyguard," Aki told them. "And you? What's your problem?" He looked at me. "Is this about Elaine again?"

"Can you stop mentioning her? We are done. Okay?"

"Are you sure?" He teased.

Actually, it's annoying. I don't want to be in a relationship for now. I don't want to fail again. I am afraid that it will end up the same with Elaine.

I just ignored him and tried to call Riley again. He lifts my mood. Unusually, his phone is just ringing. Well, I never called him before. I just want to know why he is not replying.

"Shilo is inviting me to the Cameron. Do you want to go?" Probably, Riley's pub. The pub's name is Diversion, but people call it Cameron because the Cameron family owns almost all prominent party pubs in the city.

"Okay." Maybe Riley is there partying again. I just want to confirm.
"Woah. Still part of moving on?" He laughed.

"You are annoying. Do you know that? Is Gel coming?" I asked.

"You are annoying too." He takes back the doughnut that I begged for earlier. I already forgot to finish eating it because of Riley.

It was almost 10 PM when we finished preparing for the hangout today. I need to go home early since I will be there just to check something.

"Be back before 12." We both looked at mom.

"Seriously? Do you mean midnight? It's ten already, mom." Aki asked him.