Chapter 55 - Research

Chapter 56 - Research

After Su Ling hugged Lóng Mo Téng, its softened leaves rubbed against his palm, then stopped moving. Su Ling turned to ask Xian Mo Yu, "It is not going into the space storage with you?"

The roots nodded, so Su Ling let Lóng Mo Téng stay on his wrist and put Xian Mo Yu in the storage.

Gu Liheng stared at Su Ling’s left wrist for 2 seconds. Then he held onto his(SL) right hand and enveloped it firmly with his hand.

Throwing a glance at his male god, Su Ling only raised an eyebrow and smiled, letting him(GLH) lead him forward. He said to Ye Lei, "We can go now." Holding hands with male god, he followed Ye Lei out of the spiritual plant room and took a car from the dormitory's back door. After driving for about 20 minutes, the car stopped at the edge of a valley. Bird chirpings and animal roars could be heard faintly from the depths of the valley. Su Ling lowered the car window and looked out the window. On the north side of the valley is a large forest, and the end is rolling mountains.

Ye Lei shared the holographic screen from his bracelet. The screen was divided into 9 boxes, which are surveillance videos from all over the valley. The field of vision is very wide, so the terrain where the surveillance equipment is placed should be relatively high. He asked the team’s Boss[1] at the driver's seat, "These are the preparations you made yesterday?"

The team’s Boss nodded and replied, "En."

Ye Lei turned to look at Su Ling, "Can you put Xian Mo Yu here and let it go in by itself? Or do you need Boss and his team to escort you in?"

Su Ling: "I’ll ask it, but it should be fine on its own."

Ye Lei: "Okay, in order to ensure the whole process is monitored, we will put two micro-monitors on its petals. Would you please discuss with Xian Mo Yu if it’s alright?"

Nodding, Su Ling got out of the car and let Xian Mo Yu out. As soon as it is out, some of its roots rushed towards the valley. Su Ling told Xian Mo Yu about the arrangement. When it heard that the monitors are for Ye Lei and the others to see its heroic hunting postures, it agreed without hesitation.

The team’s Boss demonstrated how to install the monitors, and Su Ling helped place 2 soybean-sized monitors on Xian Mo Yu’s petals. After setting it up, he touched the petals and said, "Just spent 3 days in the forest like how you did before. We will be looking at you through the monitors."

The roots wrapped around his wrist and rubbed against Lóng Mo Téng, who was pretending to be dead. Su Ling laughed, "It will watch the monitors together with us."

Xian Mo Yu retracted its roots and moved towards the valley. About 10 meters away from where the car stopped, the ground under the flower bud sunken, and it disappeared from the ground.

Ye Lei hurriedly called up the monitor on the petals, but it was dark all around. Only the sounds made by the roots when it hit the ground or wall could be heard.

"Isn’t it too corrosive?" Old Third in another car sighed.

This sigh reached its peak on the second day of surveillance.

The night before, Xian Mo Yu made an underground tunnel all the way to the middle of the valley. After appearing on the ground, it emitted a stench and scared off all the animals around it. Then it folded its petals to sleep. At noon, it opened its petals and shimmered in the sun. Many animals were attracted by its fragrance and approached Xian Mo Yu, so the area became quite lively.

On the other hand, its roots stretched around to search for food. When it discovered a huge beast, its roots will gather up to pinpoint the location. Then it will change its smell, causing the surrounding animals to run away again. It took the opportunity to entangle the beast; the top of the roots opened up and sprayed black liquid. In less than half a minute, the huge beast completely melted into a puddle and was absorbed by the roots.