Chapter 30 -

Kent - 

I shoved the last of our bags into the back of the car and slammed the trunk shut. We were supposed to be on the road already. 

"Let's go," I called out to Chunk and Squid who were the last to get there things out of the dorm. Jayden, Jase and Dylan were already sitting in the car, waiting to get going. 

As Chunk and Squid got closer I realized they were trying to hide something, something they wouldn't be able to hide long. 

Jackie trailed behind Squid with her own little bag, looking nervous to approach the car full of guys. 

"What's going on?" I asked as they got closer. 

"Jacks wanted to come with, if that's okay," Squid said grabbing the shy girls hand and tugging her closer to him. Jackie had been a good friend of Sadie's while she was here, so I had no problem with it. 

"Fine by me, but I want to get going so let's move," I grabbed Jackie's bag from her hands and shoved it into the back through the back door. 

"Why didn't I get to invite someone?" Dylan immediately questioned as Jackie, Squid and Chunk squeezed into the shrinking car. 

"You never asked," Squid stuck his tongue out and Dylan reached out to whack him upside the head. 

"Keep your hands to yourself or I'll beat the hell out of all of you," I yelled back at the rambunctious crew as I threw the car into reverse. 

"You didn't tell Charlie did you?" Jayden asked. 

"No way, that's the point of a surprise," I kept my eyes on the road as I drove, excited to get this drive over with so we could all relax and have a good time. And get the hell out of this crammed car. 

===

"This is a cabin?" Squid asked, gawking up at the large cabin as we pulled into the driveway. I jumped out and punched in the pin to open the garage and pull in but there was another car in the way. A Subaru was parked in the garage but Charlie's car wasn't. Weird. 

Maybe he wasn't coming up here alone after all. 

"Where's Charlie?" Chunk asked, already starting to pull our bags out. 

"I have no idea," I walked into the garage and tried the side door, it was unlocked. He wasn't far if he left the doors unlocked. 

"We can jut surprise him when he gets back," Squid mentioned. 

"What about the car, he'll recognize it?" Jackie asked, already holding her bag and waiting for the groups next move. 

"I'll park it around back," While the others made their way into the cabin, I hurried to pull the car around the back of the cabin and prayed that Charlie wouldn't notice the tire marks. I wonder where he had gone. Maybe to the lodge. 

The guys and Jackie roamed around the cabin while I made my way to the master bedroom where Charlie and I had always stayed when we were younger. Instead of the room being empty and clean, a hot pink duffel bag and black duffel bag were thrown on the bed, the pink bag was open and clothes were spilling out of it. 

It looked like a tornado went through the room. I guess I was right, Charlie hadn't planned on coming up here alone. He had a girlfriend and never mentioned it to anyone. Maybe not a girlfriend, but still. 

I threw my bags in one of the bedrooms that hadn't been claimed yet and shuffled down to the kitchen where everyone was hanging out. I went straight to the kitchen, feeling the urge to drink for the first time in a long time. The fridge was full of fresh groceries and plenty of beer, plus a huge pitcher of punch that the housekeeper must have made for Charlie.