10

"What's going on?!"
Uraraka asked once she opened the door after their last class.
Only to see it blocked by several students who were crowding each other trying to get a look at the famous class 1A.

Mai felt indifferent about their declarations of war and such considering the fact she wasn't planning on participating during the festival everyone cared so much about.

"Like you, girl with the horns."
Her ears picked up the statement.

"What about me?"
She asked lazily.

"I said not everyone gets a spot in the hero course handed to them."
A boy with purple hair and eyebags said, his voice laced with petty venom.

"Whoever said it was handed to me?"
She asked standing up and looking him in the eye.

"Everyone has heard of you, the new student that got in without taking an exam or test at all."
He glared.

"Do you think you deserve this spot more then me?"
She asked locking eyes with him.

Everyone held their breath as tension grew almost unbearable between them.

"So what if I do?"

She started to anilize him easily.

'He seems worked up by the entrance exam, which from what I've heard it mainly focused on physical or flashy strong quirks.
Meaning he likely has a mental quirk, those are dangerous especially when it comes to directly effecting people, quirks like that are often activated by touch, response, eye contact or most dangerously: nothing.

So if I end up fighting this dude I need to try not doing any of those things.

Physically he obviously has nothing going for him, he's skinny as hell and obviously depends on his quirk, meaning if he doesn't bulk up by the sports festival he won't make it far.'

Shinsou frowned as she started to smirk.
'She's reading me like a book isn't she? But there's no way she knows what my quirk is.'

"Woah! Let's calm this down a bit okay!"
Kirishima said jumping in between them.

"There's no need to get all worked up! We'll get plenty of opportunities to prove ourselves during the sports festival right!"
He laughed nervously.

"You guys can have fun chasing glory,
I couldn't care less about what any student in this building thinks about me.
If you don't believe I shouldn't be here that's fine you're entitled to your own opinions but that doesn't mean I should give a shit about them."
Mai said and walked to the crowd glaring.

"Now, do you really have nothing better to do with your miserable lives then prevent me from walking through a hallway?"
The crowd imedentely started to part for her.

"That was such a manly exit."
Kirishima commented watching her leave without looking back.

.................

Before the students knew it the sports festival was starting.
Everyone woke up early to train and prepare mentally and physically for the challenge ahead.

All but Mai, who slept until an hour before the festival.
She got dressed in a new outfit Midnight bought for her.