56

Novas POV

"Fuck." Is the only thing I can manage to say.

They threw me a surprise party. Why would they do this? Especially Alexa and Layla. They know how I feel about my birthday.

I fucking hate it...

*Flashback*

"Happy birthday." My father says with a smirk on his face.

He slowly drags the silver blade across my stomach. I feel my flesh burn and hear the sizzle of my skin. The smell makes me want to gag, but I know if I do it'll be worse.

I may be immune to silver, but it still hurts like a bitch. It won't leave a scar, but if it could I'd be covered in them from head to toe. I bite my tongue to keep from screaming out. If I show any sign of weakness he'll make it so much worse.

He pulls the blade away and turns to the table. He sits the blade down and grabs a syringe. He flick it a few times and squirts a little of the purple liquid out.

"I got you a present." He smiles at me like he really believes it's a gift and not another tool to torture me.

My eyes widen in fear for only a split second before I mask my face again. But that spilt second was enough, he seen it.

He shakes his head "Tsk tsk tsk, Nova what have I told you about showing weakness?"

"Weakness means death." I quote the mantra he's beat into me.

"Exactly." He brings up the needle and plunges it into my neck.

*End Flashback*

I shake my head slightly to clear it. When I do I see Zane staring at me with concern in his eyes. Alexa and Layla have come up to me too. Once I look at them they both hug me.

"We're sorry, we just thought we could make you some happy birthday memories." Alexa whispers in my ear.

"Yeah, if you want to leave we can. You don't have to do this." Layla tells me.

I release the breath I didn't realize I was holding. "No it's okay. Maybe y'all are right, I should try to enjoy this."

Both girls squeal in my ear and I squince from it. Zane pulls me in for a hug and kisses me before whispering in my ear.

"Are you okay love?" I can hear the concern in his voice.

I smile and nod "I'll be fine."

'What's wrong love? Do you not like it?' He links me thinking I'd rather have a private conversation.

'It's nothing, honestly. We'll talk about it later, I promise.' I link back.

I don't want him to think I don't appreciate this. He simply nods and gives me one more kiss. Layla grabs my hand and pulls me from Zane.

"Come on, let's get you a drink." Layla says as she starts dragging me towards the bar that's set up.

I could definitely use a drink...